Malika Andrews.....ESPN NBA Reporter.......

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
That's who I would have given the gig to as I've mentioned before that I don't think that Andrews is ready to be the lead of a show. She will need more experience before being thrown into the fire of your lead NBA show and it's no offense to her, so people shouldn't make it like it is.

She's essentially now moving from the sideline reporter to on TV at the expense of other sideline women who've been there longer with more television experience. Even ESPN realized that issue with Taylor's old job and gave part of it to Holly Rowe to prevent issues.

It has nothing to do with Nichols since she obviously isn't there anymore, so I don't know what the other poster is talking about it lol.
The best way to get experience is to do the job

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I haven't seen Hubbarth in a hosting role in a long time since most of her stuff got moved do digital/socials, but Andrews is a little stiff in that role. She's gotta get a bit more relaxed and conversational.

That's the aspect that I'm more curious about. People don't like boring and unfortunately she is a boring personality. It's no offense to her but she is. It's too much money in NBA hot take and talk culture, so go back to X's and O's talk. People don't want that regardless of how much they try and complain about it.

She's either going to have to develop some sense of personality or become controversial and hot topics since that's what the NBA culture is now.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
You give her that experience before you give her the hosting job and not after. NBA fans and The Coli will turn on her in an instant the moment that she or the show is trash and won't have any qualms about saying so.
She has great potential for hosting, everything else will fall in place. Potential is more valued than experience in entertainment

paidNfull

Live By It, Die By It
Daps
Reppin
LouI$I@n@
Until they fix their NBA in studio cast and guests, idc what's the name of it is...it will suck

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Who do you feel at ESPN should have been up for consideration? Only other jawn that would make sense is Cassidy Hubbarth and her presence on ESPN has declined in the past few years, Andrews and Maria Taylor(before she left) zoomed past her.
They got Ros Gold rotting away, and this is just hosting - Elle Duncan could easily do a great job. Chiney would be a great lead too but I guess her WNBA career is in the way and she’s not light enough for them

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
They got Ros Gold rotting away, and this is just hosting - Elle Duncan could easily do a great job. Chiney would be a great lead too but I guess her WNBA career is in the way and she’s not light enough for them
6PM SC is bigger than The Jump on ESPN2. Plus Elle's new deal has her doing stuff of Good Morning America
Ros isn't homegrown like Malika at ESPN

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Elle got elevated to the premier SC gig before all the Rachel Nichols exposure so I doubt they would want to move her and I didn't even know Ros was with them. I've never checked for Chiney's radio show so I can't comment on her.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
The same has been said about a lot of ESPN talent over the years, but it hasn't always worked out.
So you don’t think it will work out for Malika? She is ambitious young very attractive with a great smile and pleasant voice which are historically good traits for tv host personality. The other stuff can be polished over time.

• Dap
Reactions: OsO

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Chiney’s strength is her basketball analysis, Elle already does sports center, Ros or Malika is coin flip I guess.