Making our Pockets Fat again AGAIN PT 2 - Official Gambling Thread

profound

technique
Daps
@J Money Paulo costa +205 and geoff neal +190 aint both losing

i bet on shavkat to sub neal in his last fight, and geoff really made him work for it. geoff's performance was the closest thing to success that anybody has had against shavkat, who to me is the uncrowned champ. at the very least i am taking that dog spread.

i like costa more. i think he can do what dricius did and i dont think he'll stop moving forward. the line is just an automatic respect rob kind of thing to me. he's always had exceptional respect. blow for blow (pause) i think costa puts rob down or gets the UD. definitely splitting that with more on the spread, robert is not getting a 30-27 out of costa but i think he crumbles here.

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
@J Money Paulo costa +205 and geoff neal +190 aint both losing

i bet on shavkat to sub neal in his last fight, and geoff really made him work for it. geoff's performance was the closest thing to success that anybody has had against shavkat, who to me is the uncrowned champ. at the very least i am taking that dog spread.

i like costa more. i think he can do what dricius did and i dont think he'll stop moving forward. the line is just an automatic respect rob kind of thing to me. he's always had exceptional respect. blow for blow (pause) i think costa puts rob down or gets the UD. definitely splitting that with more on the spread, robert is not getting a 30-27 out of costa but i think he crumbles here.

The thing with costa that I saw is his last fight was a year and a half ago against Luke :trash: Rockhold. He's had a stupid amount of cancelled fights since then. Before that fight it was 2 losses to Izzy and Vettori...but as you said DDP knocked Whittaker the fukk out. Dunno how to call that one but I think it will go decision either way

Yeah I dunno what's going on with Ian Garry but his hype has died down big time, haven't even really seen him much doing interviews etc. Really sink or swim for him

What about Justin Tafa, you think he can get another W?

profound

technique
Daps
The thing with costa that I saw is his last fight was a year and a half ago against Luke :trash: Rockhold. He's had a stupid amount of cancelled fights since then. Before that fight it was 2 losses to Izzy and Vettori...but as you said DDP knocked Whittaker the fukk out. Dunno how to call that one but I think it will go decision either way

Yeah I dunno what's going on with Ian Garry but his hype has died down big time, haven't even really seen him much doing interviews etc. Really sink or swim for him

What about Justin Tafa, you think he can get another W?

true it is hard to back Paulo if we go by what’s on paper because he has so many strikes. it was a sight to behold to see him fail at knocking out rockhold. disturbing scrap for me but a just bleeders dream, minus the KO. i think robs days of flourishing over every guy who ain’t the champ are over, and Paulo has much less to lose. i've hit almost every spread i played since DK introduced them so that'll be my main stake in that fight.

Tafa vs rapist face (forgot name), i personally wouldn’t try to make money on either of those guys (as of rn). jack of all trades vs 1 trick pony, if forced to choose, give me tafa based on momentum. face been there done that, but tafa knows what it takes to end things and most assuredly will have the opportunity.

profound

technique
Daps
@J Money de lima vs tafa CANCELLED :why: tafa injured.

and i was just working up the nerve to side against de lima. betting aside, bad one to lose.

Paulo costa looked like death, but was like, cracking jokes because he knew. i'll see how it goes tonight at ceremonials. i never once went against my gut off weigh in vibes and got it right, but on the other hand i can cover it and personally believe he's prepared enough.

geoff neal looked every part of a champ.

do u play fantasy lineups on draftkings with these fights? i haven't in a while but i hit a decent one on my first try then quit after a couple more didnt work out. figure it’s time to try again, i think i can hit one of the big prizes this week so im gonna lay out a bunch tonight.

Edit — justin Tafa’s brother stepped in :lupe:

Last edited:

J Money

Daps
@J Money de lima vs tafa CANCELLED :why: tafa injured.

and i was just working up the nerve to side against de lima. betting aside, bad one to lose.

Paulo costa looked like death, but was like, cracking jokes because he knew. i'll see how it goes tonight at ceremonials. i never once went against my gut off weigh in vibes and got it right, but on the other hand i can cover it and personally believe he's prepared enough.

geoff neal looked every part of a champ.

do u play fantasy lineups on draftkings with these fights? i haven't in a while but i hit a decent one on my first try then quit after a couple more didnt work out. figure it’s time to try again, i think i can hit one of the big prizes this week so im gonna lay out a bunch tonight.

Yeah I was gonna tag you too, haven't seen the weigh ins yet but from the press conferences uve seen I'm moving towards taking volk and neal. Definitely feeling the costa pick now too

Never tried the draftkings shyt is it good?

profound

technique
Daps
Yeah I was gonna tag you too, haven't seen the weigh ins yet but from the press conferences uve seen I'm moving towards taking volk and neal. Definitely feeling the costa pick now too

Never tried the draftkings shyt is it good?

i only did it a handful of times but it can be lucrative if the stars are aligned. it’s not so much about picking winners as it is nailing who scores higher. of course winning is the way to do that but there’s instances with winning fighters who don’t score like that, or losing a robbery split but scoring higher than a winner, which tips the scale and makes them the missing key. so u gotta look at effectiveness and go by guidelines (who can finish fast, finish period, land multiple takedowns, etc).

if interested i would recommend a youtuber named kunath. i recently found his stuff, i think he does separate videos between fantasy and straights. insightful dude, i dont watch his regular breakdowns but it was his dfs content that made me get the itch to try it again. not for his opinion, because u will know who u like on your own, but he will give better insight into the methods than i can.

i'm going back and forth on ilia. i know volk well, back when my twins were born i took a payout then unloaded most of my 5dimes account on him vs aldo +150. day of the fight i said fukk it and went to walmart and money gram'd another $500 to put on him. hit a similar big one in his following title shot vs max. so i know an ilia bet is playing with fire, but that's my gut. on his side and volks now is the best opportunity to end that streak. volk is greatness and has superhuman strength, but its a fistfight between humans and if a guy like ilia gets the kind of chance ortega did in his fight, for example, ilia will make good on that.

J Money

Daps
i only did it a handful of times but it can be lucrative if the stars are aligned. it’s not so much about picking winners as it is nailing who scores higher. of course winning is the way to do that but there’s instances with winning fighters who don’t score like that, or losing a robbery split but scoring higher than a winner, which tips the scale and makes them the missing key. so u gotta look at effectiveness and go by guidelines (who can finish fast, finish period, land multiple takedowns, etc).

if interested i would recommend a youtuber named kunath. i recently found his stuff, i think he does separate videos between fantasy and straights. insightful dude, i dont watch his regular breakdowns but it was his dfs content that made me get the itch to try it again. not for his opinion, because u will know who u like on your own, but he will give better insight into the methods than i can.

i'm going back and forth on ilia. i know volk well, back when my twins were born i took a payout then unloaded most of my 5dimes account on him vs aldo +150. day of the fight i said fukk it and went to walmart and money gram'd another $500 to put on him. hit a similar big one in his following title shot vs max. so i know an ilia bet is playing with fire, but that's my gut. on his side and volks now is the best opportunity to end that streak. volk is greatness and has superhuman strength, but its a fistfight between humans and if a guy like ilia gets the kind of chance ortega did in his fight, for example, ilia will make good on that.

Whe I was watching the press conferences imo illia didn't seem too confident he tried to put on an act but couldn't pull it off. Volk seems calm and composed i think the moment might be too big for illia but I dunno, judt going off the press conferences

Same with Ian garry he doesn't seem very confident going into the fight against a dangerous opponent.

Just seem justin tafas younger brother is gonna fill in for him. I do like him too but one day notice kinda crazy lmao :russ:

Breh two more fights I want your opinion on, the Henry Cenjudo one and Kopylov. Both dogs for their respective fights who you got? :lupe:

profound

technique
Daps
Whe I was watching the press conferences imo illia didn't seem too confident he tried to put on an act but couldn't pull it off. Volk seems calm and composed i think the moment might be too big for illia but I dunno, judt going off the press conferences

Same with Ian garry he doesn't seem very confident going into the fight against a dangerous opponent.

Just seem justin tafas younger brother is gonna fill in for him. I do like him too but one day notice kinda crazy lmao :russ:

Breh two more fights I want your opinion on, the Henry Cenjudo one and Kopylov. Both dogs for their respective fights who you got? :lupe:

i still gotta see the press conference and get my reads, a lot of feeling ilia had to do with his confidence so if that’s gone he’s gonna end up looking stupid.

i also gotta see the new tafa odds. if it’s good i’ll have to try a little something because what is short notice to a samoan who was (i assume) helping his bro in the same camp everyday? i did take Mohamed usman vs Justin’s bro and dude had bad wrestling but he knows how to fight and probably trained nothing but wrestling from then on.

i haven’t lost a merab bet, and when he loses next i am committed to losing right along with him. Henry gets too much respect, remember he was the favorite off that layoff vs the reigning champ, so of course many like him here. anything can happen and i will gladly take the L but henry is a part time fighter who got forced back over money issues imo. that’s a far cry from what merab been doing the last few years.

don’t know if I’ll take Roman but i definitely won’t take hernandez. if i get that feeling at weigh ins and end up playing a good block of these dogs knowing i break even at very worst, 80% chance kopylov is in there, pending ceremonials.