Making a $100,000 a year isn't as special as most make it seem on here.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
if your home and car payments don't exceed 35% of your take home pay, you'll be good.

Also i think people don't realize the power of compounding returns.

Its easier to make an extra 5k when you already have 50k saved.
its easier to make an extra 10k when you already have 100k saved.

and so on and so on. the snowball going downhill effect.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
The one thing I'll say is, the more money I get, the more frugal I become. LOL

I heard a saying a while back, "you don't go broke $5,000 at a time....you go broke $5 at a time" And that''s true. The little stuff adds up.

For me, I'll go meet ppl for happy hour or dinner and they valet park and pay $10 for someone to park their car. I'm like, "no thanks....I'l just drive around the parking lot and find me a spot" If I have to walk an extra 2 mins, big deal. That's not worth $10 to me unless it's pouring down raining.

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
Another thing is, when I was making 50k. We would take 2 hours lunches, shoot ball at lunch, come in late, leave early. I was in good shape. We appreciated the free luncheon and smaller things. Joked and bs more than work. Sometimes when you accept that money, you have to take on a lot more work and stress, sometimes leading to flabbynsickdom .

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I'll never reach six figures :to:

Why do you say that? It's really not some impossible amount of money. I mean, I'm an engineer and I had to go out to Iowa to get my promotions but I'm good now. Now the plan is to go to a top 10 business school and everyone comes outta there averaging around $125K. If I can do it with minimal loans then :ahh:

But I don't think 6 figures is far fetched for anybody with a skill and drive. But then again I've been real fortunate cuz NONE of my homeboys are even close to my salary. shyts depressing at the end of the day. But they could do it too if they had drive and left their comfort zone.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
my boss is literally a billionaire and drives a modest japanese sedan to work. now im sure he is flossing on the weekends, but during the week he doesnt mess around with luxury cars and is pretty cheap with the lunches he serves to clients and visitors

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Why do you say that? It's really not some impossible amount of money. I mean, I'm an engineer and I had to go out to Iowa to get my promotions but I'm good now. Now the plan is to go to a top 10 business school and everyone comes outta there averaging around $125K. If I can do it with minimal loans then :ahh:

But I don't think 6 figures is far fetched for anybody with a skill and drive. But then again I've been real fortunate cuz NONE of my homeboys are even close to my salary. shyts depressing at the end of the day. But they could do it too if they had drive and left their comfort zone.

I guess I'm just to comfortable, I'm content with having a roof over my head, food in my fridge and being able to travel, help others etc. , for me to get a 100k gig I'd probably have to go back to school upgrade myself, work extremely hard , maybe even move.

My job isn't all that like you 6 figure brehs, but i get half day fridays, flex time, benefits, and 4 weeks vacay and 3 personal days and provides everything I want in life.

I was in law school but dropped out when I was a simp so who knows maybe one day I'll finish it up

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
That's one the things I've learned as I've gotten older - always live BELOW your means.

I'm too old to worry about flossing and looking cute and taking on a whole bunch of needless expenses. I'd rather live modestly knowing I have money in the bank for a rainy day and can take holidays. Until I earn far more I wouldn't even think about taking out a mortgage. Too many people I know are struggling like hell with a mortgage and not even earning that much. Nah man, life is too short for that kind of stress.

Plus if I can't buy anything outright, then I can't afford it. Simple.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
as i mentioned in the IT careers thread i hit the 6 figure mark with my new position i started 6 weeks ago, 105K to be exact..i got my first paycheck prior to labor day weekend..while it was :wow:..after paying off bills, overpaying my various loans, and spending some celebrating my position with some new stuff..i realized how fast that shyt can go after i saw what i had left...crucial eyeopener....living how i was before the 6 figure offer..crucial..until my car note or grad school loan is paid off at least