"Make Rifles Great Again": Jerone Davison Campaign Ad

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
Robert Byrd. Democrat. Kkk grandmaster

Strom Thurmond, Democrat, KKK

Joe Biden. Strom Thurmond was his mentor

:mjlol:

Ah, I forgot about Byrd, but he radically shifted from those views, his voting record would suffice for that.

On Strom Thurmond, I was not aware of him, although he wasn't a Democrat, he is listed as having ran under this party :

States' Rights Democratic Party officially, which was a considered a split from the Democratic party, article also states after losing to Truman, some members of that party shifted towards the Democrats and Strom abandoned the Dixiecrats and went Republican from there on out.

But yeah, Biden definitely had ties to segregationists, from what I'm reading, it was something I was aware of but not in detail. That in combination with his approach to segregation based policy at the time and his comments on it.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why, do think they would riot on sacred federal land like the Capitol similar to what right wing extremists did?

White people are capable of anything when pushed to that point. Thats people in general though.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
:dead: This nikka holding a football in his campaign photos. Conservative cacs love them some football nikkas.
FWsPe2TXkAISi1O
Ol Al Bundy "I scored 4 touchdowns in a high school game" having ass

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Ah, I forgot about Byrd, but he radically shifted from those views, his voting record would suffice for that.

On Strom Thurmond, I was not aware of him, although he wasn't a Democrat, he is listed as having ran under this party :

States' Rights Democratic Party officially, which was a considered a split from the Democratic party, article also states after losing to Truman, some members of that party shifted towards the Democrats and Strom abandoned the Dixiecrats and went Republican from there on out.

But yeah, Biden definitely had ties to segregationists, from what I'm reading, it was something I was aware of but not in detail. That in combination with his approach to segregation based policy at the time and his comments on it.

The Dixiecrats ARE apart of the Democratic party. Their full name is "The States' Rights Democratic Party". And the group itself dissolved after only 1 year in existence, and the remnants of them were in the Democratic party well into the 1960s

Reflected

Daps
The Dixiecrats ARE apart of the Democratic party. Their full name is "The States' Rights Democratic Party". And the group itself dissolved after only 1 year in existence, and the remnants of them were in the Democratic party well into the 1960s
I mentioned that but in that article:

It arose due to a Southern regional split in opposition to the Democratic Party. After President Harry S. Truman, a member of the Democratic Party, ordered integration of the military in 1948 and other actions to address civil rights of African Americans, many Southern conservative white politicians who objected to this course organized themselves as a breakaway faction. The Dixiecrats wished to protect Southern states' rights to maintain racial segregation

They split with the Democratic party on issues related to segregation and ran against the Democrats. Once they lost out to Truman, a Democrat, the party dissolved an its leader, Strom, joined the Republicans for the rest of his political career, I also mentioned some members shifted into the Democratic party.

edit:

And yeah, those members had Democratic ties but they weren't apart of the Democratic party, you can see the EC votes for that, if they were Democrats they would have to primary Truman, they lost to Truman in the general election.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I mentioned that but in that article:

They split with the Democratic party on issues related to segregation and ran against the Democrats. Once they lost out to Truman, a Democrat, the party dissolved an its leader, Strom, joined the Republicans for the rest of his political career, I also mentioned some members shifted into the Democratic party.

edit:

And yeah, those members had Democratic ties but they weren't apart of the Democratic party, you can see the EC votes for that, if they were Democrats they would have to primary Truman, they lost to Truman in the general election.

Like I just said, all of that was in a span of ONE YEAR

:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

Democrats have KKK ties before and after that solo year of 1948. I know it hurts, Sorry to break it to you

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Democrats have KKK ties before and after that solo year of 1948. I know it hurts, Sorry to break it to you
Everything you've posted so far in this thread has been a deflection. :patrice:

Reflected

Daps

They aren't Democrats, they lost to Democrats, here is the map:

2560px-ElectoralCollege1948.svg.png

You can't be Democrats and lose to Democrats in the general election. :mjlol: What you are saying would be equivalent to saying the Green party are Democrats. And I'm aware of members from the Dixiecrat party joining the Democrats and having ties to the KKK after dissolving the Dixiecrats, I said that in both posts.

My only issue is that you mention Thurmond as an example of a Democrat while being a KKK member, but he was a Republican following that loss and until the end of his political career, Byrd is a better example of what you mentioned earlier but as I said, he was no longer a KKK member.

I see what you are saying about the one year part, that's not lost on me but when you say this:

The Dixiecrats ARE apart of the Democratic party. Their full name is "The States' Rights Democratic Party".

Yeah, that's not possible given the general election results. You can't be apart of the Democratic party while running against them in the general. But yes, as I mentioned the first time I responded, and the second time, members of the Dixiecrat went back to the Democratic party, as noted in the article. BUT THURMOND went republican, you know Thurmond, the guy you cited as an example of a KKK supporting Democrat.

And knowing the Democrats have historical KKK ties is no issue at all, I'm not even a Democrat, you don't have to be a Democrat to vote for Democrats in my state, so it's not like my world is being shattered by this info, bro. :russ: I'm more about getting things accurate.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
They aren't Democrats, they lost to Democrats, here is the map:

2560px-ElectoralCollege1948.svg.png

You can't be Democrats and lose to Democrats in the general election. :mjlol: What you are saying would be equivalent to saying the Green party are Democrats. And I'm aware of members from the Dixiecrat party joining the Democrats and having ties to the KKK after dissolving the Dixiecrats, I said that in both posts.

My only issue is that you mention Thurmond as an example of a Democrat while being a KKK member, but he was a Republican following that loss and until the end of his political career, Byrd is a better example of what you mentioned earlier but as I said, he was no longer a KKK member.

I see what you are saying about the one year part, that's not lost on me but when you say this:

Yeah, that's not possible given the general election results. You can't be apart of the Democratic party while running against them in the general. But yes, as I mentioned the first time I responded, and the second time, members of the Dixiecrat went back to the Democratic party, as noted in the article. BUT THURMOND went republican, you know Thurmond, the guy you cited as an example of a KKK supporting Democrat.

And knowing the Democrats have historical KKK ties is no issue at all, I'm not even a Democrat, you don't have to be a Democrat to vote for Democrats in my state, so it's not like my world is being shattered by this info, bro. :russ: I'm more about getting things accurate.

Let me repeat this again. ALL OF THIS HAPPENED IN A SPAN OF A YEAR

The people with the same sentiments and values existed before and after 1948. And the same people stayed in the Democratic Party after 1948

Play the Semantic game all you want. Those sentiments were rampant in the Democratic Party. End of story