Magic Johnson Steps Down as President of Basketball Operations of the Lakers

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Everyone thought before the season it would be civil war between Bron stans & actual Laker fans. Who knew it would also go to the front office:wow:
tenor.gif

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
LWO has been saying that Magic trash all year long, they got what they wanted (and I actually agree with them).

Magic never actually wanted to do this job. He wants to fukk around and hang out with basketball players. He wasn't built for this.

Now if Jeanie wants a team, just just needs to dump Pelinka, Luke, and Lonzo too and then let the competent people she hires actually run the team. :yeshrug:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Lonzo has been fine when healthy, don't blame a rookie who is one of the best defenders and playmakers around 20

we actually played better last year too

It's Lebron

No. It's Magic

1. He trades away Russell for Brook Lopez
2. He drafts Ball. And it's not that he drafted him, it's who he passed up on. He passed on Tatum and Fox, who are both playing better so far in their careers. Ball's rookie year he couldn't shoot and he plays too timid on offense.
3. Summer of 17 he couldn't land any big name free agents. He couldn't woo Durant. That's strike one.
4. Summer of 18, same thing. Only this time Lebron actually bailed him out. But he doesn't get a prime LeBron. He gets a on the decline, "I have nothing left to prove" LeBron.
5. Then he puts together a shytty roster to surround him with.
6. Then he fails horribly to get AD, and basically threw all of the young players under the bus.

Honestly, I don't think he chose LeBron. Lebron chose him. Had they stayed the course, they probably wouldn't bettered their odds of getting a high lottery pick this year.

Basically, it's been all about kicking everything down the road just to get to the next big free agency summer. He even said it.

He never took the job seriously and never put in the time needed to succeed.