Mafia 3 [PS4|XB1|PC]

ColiBomaye

All Star
Daps
Trying this one out since it's a PS Plus game.

The worst kind of game for me is the one that has so much potential to be great, but just falls flat in so many areas. Mafia 3 seems to be one of those games. So far, I'm loving the story and atmosphere they've created. 60's era America is a backdrop that doesn't get shown off in video games, so it's dope that they went that route for this game. It's rare that a video game tackles such sensitive subject matter with respect and tact. I'm really glad they decided to do something new rather than do a yet another retread of the Italian Mob.

With that being said, this game is far from perfect. Let's be real, the graphics are garbage. Not only are the textures blurry and everything's too shiny, they confusingly decided to apply this murky filter on everything. Additionally, the gameplay is pretty mediocre. Not only do you have a repetitive gameplay loop that's been universally trashed, the two core mechanics (driving and shooting) feel subpar which is even worse. In an open world crime game, those components should the top priorities.

I'll stop myself short since this post is starting to feel like an analysis rather than a regular forum post lol. All in all, I respect what this game is trying to accomplish so far. It's just WAAAY too rough around the edges for a Triple A game. Only thing that's keeping me going is the story honestly. I know that it's "in" right now to hate on Rockstar, but playing Mafia 3 gives me a newfound appreciation for how well-designed their games are.

Quick edit: If they made this linear in the vein of Mafia 2 and had just main story missions, then this game would've easily jumped up from a 6/10 to at least a 7.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I mad this is now free on PS+:francis:

Bought it day 1, ultimate edition & I'm not even passed the first 3 missions lol
yall should know this is how gaming works now a year after a game drops yull get a complete/ultimate edition with all dlc for the low or itll be free with a subscription...its up to you if you wanna wait

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Trying this one out since it's a PS Plus game.

The worst kind of game for me is the one that has so much potential to be great, but just falls flat in so many areas. Mafia 3 seems to be one of those games. So far, I'm loving the story and atmosphere they've created. 60's era America is a backdrop that doesn't get shown off in video games, so it's dope that they went that route for this game. It's rare that a video game tackles such sensitive subject matter with respect and tact. I'm really glad they decided to do something new rather than do a yet another retread of the Italian Mob.

With that being said, this game is far from perfect. Let's be real, the graphics are garbage. Not only are the textures blurry and everything's too shiny, they confusingly decided to apply this murky filter on everything. Additionally, the gameplay is pretty mediocre. Not only do you have a repetitive gameplay loop that's been universally trashed, the two core mechanics (driving and shooting) feel subpar which is even worse. In an open world crime game, those components should the top priorities.

I'll stop myself short since this post is starting to feel like an analysis rather than a regular forum post lol. All in all, I respect what this game is trying to accomplish so far. It's just WAAAY too rough around the edges for a Triple A game. Only thing that's keeping me going is the story honestly. I know that it's "in" right now to hate on Rockstar, but playing Mafia 3 gives me a newfound appreciation for how well-designed their games are.

Quick edit: If they made this linear in the vein of Mafia 2 and had just main story missions, then this game would've easily jumped up from a 6/10 to at least a 7.

Whatever studio has the rights to the Mafia franchise needs to be bought out by Rockstar so Mafia 4 can be a major game. Set it in the 1970s Las Vegas or id prefer 1980s Miami. With Rockstars great map design and narrative and let the team do what they can on this game.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Actually Mafia seems like a Ubisoft type of game. The missions are structured the same and their player models look a like

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
I think the fact that the game is free made this enjoyable. I love the story so far but alot of the gameplay needs to be tightened. The running an gunning isn’t as fun as I thought it would be but the storyline is keeping me in the game

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
The missions/side missions are structured exactly like AC Syndicate. Right down to the gang system

No it’s not. There is some depth and variety to Syndicate. For example assainations missions is something you would never find in Mafia 3. Nearly every story mission is a repeat of go here, destroy this, interrogate the snitch, kill the enforcers, take out the racket boss. That is the extent of the entire game outside the odd side mission which is basically fetching collectibles. And that’s exactly how the first Assassins creed was in terms main missions.

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
Lost my fukking save when I upgraded to the PRO.
It's definitely a Mafia game.
I'll let it sit for a few until I can finish some of these other joints I got.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I think the fact that the game is free made this enjoyable. I love the story so far but alot of the gameplay needs to be tightened. The running an gunning isn’t as fun as I thought it would be but the storyline is keeping me in the game
yep def the story that gives this game life