Madden NFL 24 Looked at as a "Make or Break" Game

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Yeah I bought 21 to see how it was on next gen consoles.. I just compared the 2 and its almost the same shyt.. I'll just play 21 whenever I get the itch to play a football game lol
And that’s pretty much the only people who scoop 2K/Madden atp. They want to play those sports, and those are the largest games for their markets

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You buy this shyt you're a fukking sucker! SMH
They don't care bro.

It's "fukk all that noise idc I need my madden." Every single year. I got a friend who literally buys the new Madden every year like it's a Tradition and he never even beats it. Like no seasons or franchises. He's trash at it he literally just wants to use his favorite players on the field and see cool stuff. 70 dollars a year for a roster update and new tackle animations. Dude doesn't even play ultimate team.

EA has the average consumer in a headlock vice grip and that's the way its going to be forever.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
It was the only way to get people to give the game a shot. It worked and it got great reviews. It was only gonna be temporary, but the EA Suits couldn't have their cash cow losing marketshare so they went to the NFL with the exclusivity idea (knowing they weren't gonna be outbid on some wink wink shyt).

Rest was history sadly.

instead of compete, just buy the license outright. Even now, nothing is stopping EA from making an NBA game, but look what happened. They got beat and just tucked their tails and ran.

Same with MLB, 2K went and only got the exclusive 3RD PARTY license after EA pulled that stunt with Madden. Microsoft, Nintendo, and of course Sony could all still make their own 1st party baseball games and did. The Show rose to the top and everyone else tapped out.

I do think the Madden Devs would've stepped up their game, but the suits did the bytch move IMO.

It is what it is.

But that's why I hope the NFLPA (you know they love money) should allow their fee not to be exclusive so multiple devs can make games with the players at least. Have a good custom editor to color the jerseys how you want to match their real NFL Team counterparts and see what happens.
IIRC the only reason why EA stopped making NBA Live games is they wanted to make it free 2 play like how Konami did to the Pro Evolution Soccer/eFootball series, but the NBA said no and told them, get your ass back on the court and compete. And as we seen so far, EA took their ball and left.

But have zero problems competing with 2K when it comes to PGA Tour :pacspit:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
IIRC the only reason why EA stopped making NBA Live games is they wanted to make it free 2 play like how Konami did to the Pro Evolution Soccer/eFootball series, but the NBA said no and told them, get your ass back on the court and compete. And as we seen so far, EA took their ball and left.

But have zero problems competing with 2K when it comes to PGA Tour :pacspit:
You're almost right but it was actually 2k that woke up the beast of EA

2k was on Dreamcast and EA sports said they weren't putting shyt on Dreamcast. So 2k basketball comes out and gives Live heavy comp... 2k Football comes out and gives Madden heavy comp... But couldn't take it over...

So 2k gets the bright idea, we are going to drop our games down to $20, brand new, and undercut EA's games... EA was so pissed at this move they first dropped Madden to $30 to match them and lost out on BIG money... And then when that didn't work, they got the exclusive license for NFL, NCAA and the damn AFL

If 2k never tries to undercut them with that price drop, EA would have been happy to let them continue being second fiddle.

That's football.. Basketball they simply got their asses kicked by great gaming and never recovered. At once point 2k was getting 9/10 ratings while Live was getting 6/10 and lower.. Live was pure trash once 2k showed up

The problem was, 2k sued EA for antitrust for getting the NFL, NCAA and AFL licenses so they couldn't start collecting the NBA too or face another case.. That case started in 2008 and didn't get settled until 2014