Madden NFL 24 Looked at as a "Make or Break" Game

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
those guys didn't wanna work for EA :yeshrug:

Most stayed at 2K once Take Two bought them and just moved on to other games or left the company eventually.
That’s crazy

Really makes no sense how this game has fallen off

I play it because I have too but the game is really just meh

I’m caught up in a vicious cycle :mjcry:

I been playing this shyt since 1992

I played for like 5 minutes last night I’ll play more this weekend

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That’s crazy

Really makes no sense how this game has fallen off

I play it because I have too but the game is really just meh

I’m caught up in a vicious cycle :mjcry:

I been playing this shyt since 1992

First one on Genesis for me. I know how you feel.

I can admit I'm a crackhead for it. :yeshrug:

2K is supposed to be having an "arcade" version of NFL with the players dropping.

I think the NFLPA should open their license up to multiple suitors even if the NFL still wants to do this (dumb) exclusive thing.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
First one on Genesis for me. I know how you feel.

I can admit I'm a crackhead for it. :yeshrug:

2K is supposed to be having an "arcade" version of NFL with the players dropping.

I think the NFLPA should open their license up to multiple suitors even if the NFL still wants to do this (dumb) exclusive thing.
It’s also the John Madden name.

When this game first started getting popular it was incredible EVERYONE played

There’s a legacy with this game that is unmatched. I don’t understand why they don’t open up the license but whoever negotiates this deal with EA probably doesn’t really know the history of the game

Probably some white woman :russ:

We definitely need some competition but even if 2k got the license back nikkas would still complain

These guys hate NBA 2K now :mjlol:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It’s also the John Madden name.

When this game first started getting popular it was incredible EVERYONE played

There’s a legacy with this game that is unmatched. I don’t understand why they don’t open up the license but whoever negotiates this deal with EA probably doesn’t really know the history of the game

Probably some white woman :russ:

We definitely need some competition but even if 2k got the license back nikkas would still complain

These guys hate NBA 2K now :mjlol:

let a 3rd party joint in.

we used to have Gameday, Madden, 2K, NFL Club, Tecmo Bowl :noah:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yep open it up and let the best developer win

But I blame 2k for this EA exclusive deal.. If they didn’t make 2k5 19.99 I don’t think EA would’ve made this move
It was the NFL not EA

Electronic Arts Gets an Exclusive N.F.L. Deal (Published 2004).

Executives from the N.F.L. and its players' licensing subsidiary said the decision to grant an exclusive license to Electronic Arts was based on a theory that the N.F.L. brand name would be better served by associating with a single game maker.

I do remember the price cut being a catalyst tho, as the league didn’t wanna look like a bargain league with 2k’s pricing

I hate these mf’s

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yep open it up and let the best developer win

But I blame 2k for this EA exclusive deal.. If they didn’t make 2k5 19.99 I don’t think EA would’ve made this move

It was the only way to get people to give the game a shot. It worked and it got great reviews. It was only gonna be temporary, but the EA Suits couldn't have their cash cow losing marketshare so they went to the NFL with the exclusivity idea (knowing they weren't gonna be outbid on some wink wink shyt).

Rest was history sadly.

instead of compete, just buy the license outright. Even now, nothing is stopping EA from making an NBA game, but look what happened. They got beat and just tucked their tails and ran.

Same with MLB, 2K went and only got the exclusive 3RD PARTY license after EA pulled that stunt with Madden. Microsoft, Nintendo, and of course Sony could all still make their own 1st party baseball games and did. The Show rose to the top and everyone else tapped out.

I do think the Madden Devs would've stepped up their game, but the suits did the bytch move IMO.

It is what it is.

But that's why I hope the NFLPA (you know they love money) should allow their fee not to be exclusive so multiple devs can make games with the players at least. Have a good custom editor to color the jerseys how you want to match their real NFL Team counterparts and see what happens.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was the NFL not EA

Electronic Arts Gets an Exclusive N.F.L. Deal (Published 2004).

I do remember the price cut being a catalyst tho, as the league didn’t wanna look like a bargain league with 2k’s pricing

I hate these mf’s

As much as it sucks for the consumer, the NFL or any other company has every right to ink exclusive contracts.

If consumers don't like a product they have the power to vote with their wallets but most won't do that

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dawg sounds like a Coli Poster :mjlol:

Just listen to this nerd complaining about franchise mode and relocating teams

Only one uniform to pick to relocate?

Who the fukk cares about that dumb ass nerd shyt????

:mindblown:

fukkin nerd is mad about some made up teams to relocate in franchise mode

fukkin Goofy ass Cracka is complaining about mini games

:laff:

And these dudes wonder why EA don't listen to them, they focus on the most insignificant things to scream about

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As much as it sucks for the consumer, the NFL or any other company has every right to ink exclusive contracts.

If consumers don't like a product they have the power to vote with their wallets but most won't do that
Na that’s facts, I gave up believing shyt would change a long time ago :heh: I’m not the target audience anymore, so why keep wasting my money and complaining about it, when they’ll still sell the same and keep the status quo regardless

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
This review says it's the best Madden in years
I don't know what to believe...will have to play and form my own opinion
i enjoyed maddens gameplay last year … i know it’s in vogue to claim “it’s the worst game ever created in the history of all mankind” or whatever these youtubers be saying to get clicks but objectively speaking i had a pretty good time in franchise once the bugs were fixed :manny: plus it was free on Gamepass …

i’ll probably give this one a shot later too … looks like they made some nice improvements… nikkas can keep their tecmo bowl and 2k5 modifications for themselves :mjlol:

Brandwin

Pro
Daps
This will be the 6th straight year of not getting madden and since I was a young teen it was a yearly thing (42 now) I did big Legend Bowl. It’s a Super Tecmo Bowl type game that just released on console for $20. It won’t scratch that NFL sim itch per se, but it should scratch my sports/football itch. As I don’t buy sports games anymore anyway.