MacOS kinda sucks…

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
This Sonoma update has been trash for me.

Takes a long ass time for WiFi to connect, shyt heats up like crazy, and battery life took a hit.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This Sonoma update has been trash for me.

Takes a long ass time for WiFi to connect, shyt heats up like crazy, and battery life took a hit.
are u still using an intel Mac?

im on an m series Mac now and it stays cool and quiet even using Final Cut with YouTube videos playing and tabs open

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Its the hardware. Especially now, mac dont be giving a fukk about intel. I been reading up online and a lot of intel users are saying sonoma been making their shyt hot as fukk.

Give it to apple, they said new OS’s would be be supported on intel, they never said that shyt would run well:troll:

Sonoma runs very cool on m series.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Intel ????

Oh brother
It was just a poorly designed piece of hardware. 2016-2020 is easily my least favorite macbook era

intel chips ran like shyt when it came to heat. Apple knew this, yet continued to suppored Ive’s vision of “thin at all costs”.

Whats funny is the M series chips run a lot cooler, yet apple also made the chassis a lot thicker since Ive left. And they brought back sd card reader, mag safe, and hdmi. Mac hardware is dope and useful again.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The hardware was fine before Sonoma.
:stopitslime:

2020 version btw.
I too had a 2020(summer) that i just recently gave to a friend(had to reset so no more nyan cat on the touchbar:mjcry: )

When i updated to sonoma my fans was kickin up just browsing thecoli. I hated that fukking laptop besides the keyboard(which apple had to bring back cuz the one in introduced that gen was such a pos that lawsuits forced apple to fall back and do a new one before the new gen even dropped).

Was only using it as a backup the past couple years since my main driver was an m1pro that i upgraded to an m2pro.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
It was just a poorly designed piece of hardware. 2016-2020 is easily my least favorite macbook era

intel chips ran like shyt when it came to heat. Apple knew this, yet continued to suppored Ive’s vision of “thin at all costs”.

Whats funny is the M series chips run a lot cooler, yet apple also made the chassis a lot thicker since Ive left. And they brought back sd card reader, mag safe, and hdmi. Mac hardware is dope and useful again.

I like that they brought back all the features

But I actually prefer that Intel form factor

The 16 inch M1 Pro I bought is like a tank