MacOS kinda sucks…

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
As someone who was a big MacOS user back in the day

No real reason to use it in 2021....You have to just really like it I fire it up in a VM when a new version comes out

.....and then I'm like "why am I using this" :francis: its not bad or anything its just....not needed anymore unless you are a xcode breh

Final Cut used to be a must but adobe and other free programs stepped up dramatically

If you really hate windows Linux for power user....Chrome OS for the light user

The master plan for MacOS is to "merge" it with iOS (on paper) but Apple is going to kill it bit by bit and its basically just going to be iOS

OG MacOS itself doesn't have a future...IMO... its cool if you learn it but if you aren't already using it....don't bother....:yeshrug:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
BTW, past few days when turning on the MBP I get the old school Mac sound “THUNNNNNNNnnn!” and it’s almost like it’s starting up from “hibernation” on Windows. The computer wasn’t turned off, just closed the lid/sleep.

Is this a new feature with the latest software update or is my shyt fukking up???

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere

No real reason to use it in 2021....You have to just really like it I fire it up in a VM when a new version comes out

.....and then I'm like "why am I using this" :francis: its not bad or anything its just....not needed anymore unless you are a xcode breh

Final Cut used to be a must but adobe and other free programs stepped up dramatically

The master plan for MacOS is to "merge" it with iOS (on paper) but Apple is going to kill it bit by bit and its basically just going to be iOS

OG MacOS itself doesn't have a future...IMO... its cool if you learn it but if you aren't already using it....don't bother....:yeshrug:
I mean the only reason to use MacOS is if you use Mac hardware. Which these days are killing most mid range Windows devices with the new M1 chip.

If you're gaming or trying to spend under $800 or something then yeah.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
:ehh:

Just tried it, thanks breh..,
It's not the same as Windows though if you're trying to snap a bunch of apps on one screen. With Mac you gotta get into the virtual desktop feature you can pretty much swipe through different desktops without cluttering up one screen.

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
I liked Mojave way better than Big Sur but overall I love the dumb little features. The unlock with Apple Watch, the text message verification code fill in, and handoff from other devices.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh

:salute:

Like I always say in this forum, 90% of these MacBook users have zero use for one. People can barely Google their thoughts in 2021; they don't know how to do shyt on an internet connected device except get on social media and make a video call. A simple $199-250 laptop would be perfect for the average user...

And all that "virus", "stability" bullshyt talk doesn't apply to Windows computers like it did decades ago. I have a PC I built almost 10 years ago with an i5-2500k, 2 HDD/SSD (5TB total filled to the max damn near) that has never seen a virus, malware, or anything of the sort and still runs like when I built it

Last edited:

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
:salute:

Like I always say in this forum, 90% of these MacBook users have zero use for one. People can barely Google their thoughts in 2021; they don't know how to do shyt on an internet connected device except get on social media and make a video call. A simple $199-250 laptop would be perfect for the average user...

And all that "virus", "stability" bullshyt talk doesn't apply to Windows computers like it did decades ago. I have a PC I built almost 10 years ago with an i5-2500k, 2 HDD/SSD (5TB total filled to the max damn near) that has never seen a virus, malware, or anything of the sort and still runs like when I built it

‘They buy iPads now.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I used to be stanning Mac OS heavy when I was a kid but honestly I have no use for it. If it has better support for certain apps and gaming I'd use it.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
‘They buy iPads now.
An iPad is a damn Macbook, just on a smaller level, using the same locked-down operating system. So, fukk no...I'd tell you to get a Fire HD 10 before an iPad...install Play Services and call it a day

I'm saying buy a Windows computer like a normal human being instead of trying to buy some bullshyt that's not even for you. If you aren't using a Macbook for money-making purposes (music, graphic design, etc) then you have no business wasting your money on a Macbook. If you try to throw that "ecosystem" BS out there then I'll show you where Google/Microsoft has the same ecosystem across way more devices...You try to throw that Airpod shyt out there and I'll point you to a physical store where you can get the same shyt for under $10, with ALL the same features.

If you throw out Facetime and a camera...well, you got me there :mjlol:

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
An iPad is a damn Macbook, just on a smaller level, using the same locked-down operating system. So, fukk no...I'd tell you to get a Fire HD 10 before an iPad...install Play Services and call it a day

I'm saying buy a Windows computer like a normal human being instead of trying to buy some bullshyt that's not even for you. If you aren't using a Macbook for money-making purposes (music, graphic design, etc) then you have no business wasting your money on a Macbook. If you try to throw that "ecosystem" BS out there then I'll show you where Google/Microsoft has the same ecosystem across way more devices...You try to throw that Airpod shyt out there and I'll point you to a physical store where you can get the same shyt for under $10, with ALL the same features.

If you throw out Facetime and a camera...well, you got me there :mjlol:

You clearly don't use Apple devices...I've built numerous Windows based PCs, managed Linux Servers, and use MacOS and they all have their pros and cons. All I will say is that MacOS has benefits over Windows and Apple builds better looking and functioning hardware than most PC manufacturers so I’m not surprised if someone with basic use cases still prefers a Mac over a PC. Look at the build quality of these average PCs you are recommending…they are plastic and look like Mac knock-offs, why not just go with the real thing?

At the end of the day, get what you want. Someone who wants something that’s premium is going to skew more towards the Mac side than PC. Someone who wants to game has to go towards the PC side. At the end of the day, both platforms will help you get the job done and so you have to pick which you will like the best.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
You clearly don't use Apple devices...I've built numerous Windows based PCs, managed Linux Servers, and use MacOS and they all have their pros and cons. All I will say is that MacOS has benefits over Windows and Apple builds better looking and functioning hardware than most PC manufacturers so I’m not surprised if someone with basic use cases still prefers a Mac over a PC. Look at the build quality of these average PCs you are recommending…they are plastic and look like Mac knock-offs, why not just go with the real thing?

At the end of the day, get what you want. Someone who wants something that’s premium is going to skew more towards the Mac side than PC. Someone who wants to game has to go towards the PC side. At the end of the day, both platforms will help you get the job done and so you have to pick which you will like the best.
I have an iPad and an iPhone that I use daily for some of the jobs I do. I have a whole lot of experience with all OS, including Linux (setting up Octolapse on a RP3 right now) and I'm telling you iOS/MacOS is horrible

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
I have an iPad and an iPhone that I use daily for some of the jobs I do. I have a whole lot of experience with all OS, including Linux (setting up Octolapse on a RP3 right now) and I'm telling you iOS/MacOS is horrible

…and that’s your opinion. I’m glad you find that Windows suits your needs…I personally don’t like it…I’ll show you an example why. On Windows 11, they are touting Android app compatibility which is pretty bad ass if you ask me but how they go about it is overly convoluted and highlights to me the issues I have with Windows.

At first glance, it looks like there is one repo where both Windows and Android apps reside but once you click an Android app it directs you to Amazon where you have to create and manage an account. To me, that’s just overly complex and shows the lack of finesse Microsoft has when creating things. So if I need to pay for an Android app do I have to manage two payment accounts…one for Windows and one for Amazon? How does billing work? So on and so forth. Other examples:

• When on Teams, if I make a sharepoint or new team why is the word grp_ always added to my Team name? Why can’t that be hidden? Why can’t it be Deuterion instead of grp_deuterion?
  • Why are error prompts so unhelpful. You’ll get an error prompt that says “Error Code: P3827x2 Handler Sequence Invalid for Memory Buffer.” Ok, WTF am I supposed to do with that Microsoft? How can I fix the issue? Then you find out the fix is just some check box in settings, you know the OG settings from control panel not the new one that came from Windows 8.
This the kind of stuff that I don’t have to deal with on Apple platforms. Apple typically thinks about workflows better than Microsoft and prioritizes the streamlining and finesse of it. Now sometimes it can result in some shyt being super dumbed down and unable to be troubleshooted but other times it results in shyt just working so that I can focus on using my computer to accomplish tasks.