levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
If we’re being honest…
  • File management is an absolute mess
  • Can’t snap applications/programs to corners/sides of screen
  • Extra button presses to do the most basic shyt…(gotta press control/option and click just to get to a menu to quit an application)
Just kinda annoying, unintuitive and not fun to use.
I’m using a spring 2020 13” MBP - copped last year. Hardware is great (love the Touch Bar), but damn the OS kinda sucks…

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Mac OS is fire brother, you don't sound like you're fully investing in its capabilities...respectfully of course

You can do snapping, i forgot what i did exactly to get this, i think it was script or a program

It’s not native. No scripts required in Windows.
fukk XBOX but MS can make a damned good OS nowadays.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Im the opposite. Love the OS but dislike the hardware(pre M1 like yours). Weak gpu, too thin of a profile for gpu. Touchbar is useless.

when that M series chip with the mini led screen drops tho:blessed:

I'm the only person I know that actually likes the touchbar and use it regularly.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
You snap in MacOS by holding the green button on the top left.

You quit programs by clicking the name on the app in the top left and pressing quit or command + q.

File management is just different on any Unix based system compared to Windows. Just something you gotta get used to. Once you do it doesn’t really matter.

Might have to take a few days to get used to it or look up some YouTube joints though. Some of the quality of life shyt Mac has though is superior to Windows once you get into it.