Mack Morrison - Return of the Mack appreciation, CLASSIC song!

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What i like most about the song is the lyrics and theme. it's like dude was with his girl and he thought it was one way but gets betrayed. but instead of simping and feeling pity for himself he just changes his whole mode and goes back to what he truly is deep down. It's like he gave this bytch a fair shot at happiness and she blew it so now it's like "you didn't respect me so now you'll respect this macking. you leave me no choice!" And at the same time his best revenge is to just come back happier than ever and style on the whole game. Best revenge is to show them that you can be happy with or without them. And he clearly says it in the lyrics.

"That I had to come again... and show you that I'm real"

"(Retuuuurn of the Mack) once again"

meaning he HAD to come correct after that. he had to come back. there is no other option. That's what makes it epic. it's like he used to be that dude. which is why he says "once again" like "this ain't nothing new, let me show y'all how it's done!"

the actual lyrics and adlibs are just perfect. It's ambiguous enough so that it can relate to any situation where a girl betrays your trust but at the same time it's not too abstract. and that's only the lyrics. add to that the actual singing and video (which display stupid amounts of swag) and you get a classic single. probably one of the greatest songs about a girl fukking you over.

to me the song is about re-finding happiness after a major setback and how that setback makes the new happiness even more appreciated

Vilified not verified

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Definatly used to clown the fukk out of this track when i was a little kid but props to mark morrison

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I'm ooooooooooon........oooooooooh yeeeeeeeeeeeah........

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
As a UK artist, that tune was MASSIVE over here at the time. You heard it everywhere and there was hardly a day that went by when it wasn't played at least ten times. Definitely a classic that never gets old.

The thing is, he probably would have lasted a lot longer if he didn't let the success get to his head and start shytting on all the other artists that were out at the time. He shot himself in the foot by acting the way he did.