M$ takes its victory lap in the US Console race...Xbox 360 top selling console 32months in a row

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Plus you also have to factor in Sony's mistake of launching at $600

The 360 had a crazy headstart and will still finish in 3rd when this console generation is over. Pretty bad when you start putting it all together.

Yeah it is pretty bad for Sony. Going from the overwhelming market leader. To maybe squeaking out a couple extra sales, and loosing a bunch of money in the process:scusthov:

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants
Yeah it is pretty bad for Sony. Going from the overwhelming market leader. To maybe squeaking out a couple extra sales, and loosing a bunch of money in the process:scusthov:

Pretty sad, in one generation Sony lost it's years of brand building and marketshare in the most relevant gaming country in the world. 32 weeks straight outsold :dead:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Do you even remember what they did to HD-DVD? They sacrificed one platform war for another, IMO a bad gamble. They basically won the last media format war and no other optical disc will ever be sold after Blu-Ray which can take decades once you start factoring in storage for places like where I work.

They are on the verge of reclaiming console supremacy as well. All these threads are going to be upped in a few years and will make some cats on here look very VERY foolish.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Do you even remember what they did to HD-DVD? They sacrificed one platform war for another, IMO a bad gamble. They basically won the last media format war and no other optical disc will ever be sold after Blu-Ray which can take decades once you start factoring in storage for places like where I work.

They are on the verge of reclaiming console supremacy as well. All these threads are going to be upped in a few years and will make some cats on here look very VERY foolish.

Sony doesnt even own most of the liscenses to blu ray. And it won't take a few years for some of y'all to look foolish. That'll take less than 8 months once the initial sales figures start coming out.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Xbox had its "mythical" win this recent generation. But looking at the sales numbers we know it really wasn't a win for them. Sony is going back on top, they put their foot on M$FT neck starting at E3.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Xbox had its "mythical" win this recent generation. But looking at the sales numbers we know it really wasn't a win for them. Sony is going back on top, they put their foot on M$FT neck starting at E3.
foot%20on%20neck.jpg

Kodie

Pro
Daps
Do you all really care that much about sales? And if so, to what end? I can see caring about sales because you want, say MS, to keep putting out systems and games. But if you cared about that, why would you not care about worldwide sales? Overall revenue and profits are what's going to keep these endeavors going. Selling well in Japan would be good for MS and selling well in NA would be good for Sony.

All of that said, if we're concerned about Sony or MS continuing to do gaming, I'd be slightly more worried about MS (though honestly I'm not really worried about either). As they continue to restructure, priorities can shift. We've already seen that there are investors with some level of influence that want to remove gaming from the "MSFT" picture.

Still, I don't think any of that is an issue. Gaming divisions are currently making money for MS and for Sony alike. So that can't be the issue. At the end of the day, all I care about are games and MS outselling Sony in US for 32 weeks will not inherently make me care more for MS's stable of games. More exclusives (even timed) like Titanfall will. More strong features will. More indie games (for me!) will. I haven't had as much reason to play Xbox 360 since around the time they started pushing Kinect. Hopefully they start giving me more reasons as Xbox One releases and matures.

Kid-Wave

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:usure:

And i don't know where they got that data from seeing how they had just posted this

And even in mid 2012 the Xbox was up by over 3m units

So you mean to tell me ps3 sold 17m units in less than year:usure:

Sounds like some funny business going on.
if they had been selling 14 mill a year
:usure:

And i don't know where they got that data from seeing how they had just posted this

And even in mid 2012 the Xbox was up by over 3m units

So you mean to tell me ps3 sold 17m units in less than year:usure:

Sounds like some funny business going on.

Hmm..

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/01/ps3-overtakes-xbox-360-in-global-sales-figures/

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ation-3-worldwide-sales-eclipse-xbox-360.aspx

http://techcrunch.com/2012/11/16/so...controller-clocks-up-15-million-in-two-years/

http://www.itworld.com/personal-tech/335129/idc-total-ps3-sales-top-xbox-360

http://www.geek.com/games/ps3-surpasses-xbox-360-in-console-sales-1535446/

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Do you all really care that much about sales? And if so, to what end? I can see caring about sales because you want, say MS, to keep putting out systems and games. But if you cared about that, why would you not care about worldwide sales? Overall revenue and profits are what's going to keep these endeavors going. Selling well in Japan would be good for MS and selling well in NA would be good for Sony.

All of that said, if we're concerned about Sony or MS continuing to do gaming, I'd be slightly more worried about MS (though honestly I'm not really worried about either). As they continue to restructure, priorities can shift. We've already seen that there are investors with some level of influence that want to remove gaming from the "MSFT" picture.

Still, I don't think any of that is an issue. Gaming divisions are currently making money for MS and for Sony alike. So that can't be the issue. At the end of the day, all I care about are games and MS outselling Sony in US for 32 weeks will not inherently make me care more for MS's stable of games. More exclusives (even timed) like Titanfall will. More strong features will. More indie games (for me!) will. I haven't had as much reason to play Xbox 360 since around the time they started pushing Kinect. Hopefully they start giving me more reasons as Xbox One releases and matures.
On point, but titanfall is not an exclusive

had to do it to you kodie :troll: