Lynching Postcards #NeverForget (GRAPHIC IMAGES)

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
flo165.jpg

98614c9911d6f615dd3b35f1ad374e25.jpg

Florida lynching of Claude Neal, African American man reported to have confessed to attacking and murdering 23 year old Miss Lola Cannidy. Marianna, Florida, October 29, 1934.

62cd8d228b2516a7a8b9849576d679ed.jpg

Lynching of Chandler Colding, an African American man charged with raping a 77 year woman. A masked mob of 250 men stormed the sheriff's car and seized Colding, on his way to the hospital to be identified by the woman. He was hung from a tree, riddled with hundreds of bullets and displayed. Citra, Florida circa 1926.

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
Newport_Lynching_f.jpg

Penny postcard depicting the lynching of Howe Davis at Newport (Jackson County); October 1914. Davis, a suspect in the murder of police officer James Payne, was hanged after members of a mob forcibly took the keys from the sheriff.

400443322130.jpg

lynching2a.jpg

Vodun

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Prime creator
looking at these pictures goes to show you how much of a sell out the hip hop artists truly are. the world has not changed that much for niggz to be making millions without doing something under the table. best believe every nikka in the states that is making millions and got fame got a white master behind him in the shadows.

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
My wife dragged me to church Sunday and they were basically saying that bad things happen to people and they will be rewarded in the afterlife. I sat there listening like :beli: But when I see pictures like this I can only hope that those people killed were able to find some peace in an afterlife and the people that did this to them are burning in the deepest parts of hell.

Vodun

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Prime creator
My wife dragged me to church Sunday and they were basically saying that bad things happen to people and they will be rewarded in the afterlife. I sat there listening like :beli: But when I see pictures like this I can only hope that those people killed were able to find some peace in an afterlife and the people that did this to them are burning in the deepest parts of hell.

breh they had to got to some time of hell I'm not religious by no means but evil on this level is not human its demonic

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
92.jpg

Leonard Woods, a miner, was reported to have shot and killed Herschel H. Deaton, a foreman at an Elkhorn Company mine, for refusing him a ride in his car. A mob of five hundred attacked the Whitesburg jail forty-eight hours after the death of Deaton. Neither Sheriff Reynolds nor the jailor, Mrs. Fess Whitaker, was able to discourage the mob. With hacksaws and crowbars they tore off a corner of the roof and entered the jail. Their original intention was to lynch Woods and the two black women who were accompanying him. Woods "begged off for them," stating that they had nothing to do with the shooting, and the mob leaders decided to leave the women. Practically all the other prisoners in the jail escaped.
Leonard Woods was taken to the state line at Pound Gap and tied to a speaking platform that had been erected ten days earlier to celebrate the opening of a new road through the mountains. He was shot through with more than a hundred bullets from pistols and highpowered rifles, and then his clothing was set on fire.

93.jpg

Lynching of an unidentified African American male, his body hanging from a tree with swollen face and busted lip, hat replaced. White onlookers.

This photograph was purchased with others identified as scenes from Arkansas by an Arkansas collector.
The smug faces and bold postures of the onlookers as well as the replacement of the victim's hat typifies the mocking attitude, nonchalance, and superiority assumed by lynch mobs.
Circa 1890, Arkansas