Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
If jaheim could still sing he’d be on there

He got atleast 4 bangers

Best rnb singles of the era.
Best singles and hooks.
As well as direction of the era easy.
Not sure what happened to him. Yet his records in that era. Are the most rewarding listens.
in a commercial direction for the time.

Art Barr

Don't hate on us.
We're fabulous.....

We are all that we got.
No matter the weather......

Charge that to the game...

nikka was writing rnb pop meets seasame steeet level anthems. commercial spirit bomb records.
Undeniable hit shyt.
Even I remember it and not an rnb nikka and I did not listen to wgci style clear channel radio either.
When i was a mike and the diz wgci hood venue headliner performer tho. Killed't union hall.

Last edited:

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve interacted with him in the past and he was an a$$hole. It’s possible he may have just rubbed the wrong person the wrong way.
I can believe this. He’s made a new remake of Must Be Nice - with the same actors from the original music video.

The captions at the end give an “a$$hole vibe”. Hella pretentious.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't believe this. There doesn't seem to be this certain level of fame you need to have to be on there. They guests are random. They've had everything from Pop superstars to Hip Hop royalty to Neo Soul to legendary R&N female groups. All of them with varying degrees of success and notoriety.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
He probably found out that he had to pay for his own set etc, thought them ppl would pay, fly him out.
That budget is coming outta his pocket.

He got aggressive and told them the reason they don't wanna pay is because he isn't a big star. Etc

Aggressive he got again and said to them folks in an aggressive, ol it's because I don’t have any fans huh. Yall think I don't have any fans is the reason why I can't get a budget

Just my thoughts

concise

Veteran
Daps
Have you seen the list of Tiny Desk concerts?
It's not just Usher and Juvenile level artists, those just went viral because they are big stars.

Look at this list, like really look at it. Lyfe is way bigger than many of these people, half of them never had a sing as big as "Must Be Nice".
He probably found out that he had to pay for his own set etc, thought them ppl would pay, fly him out.
That budget is coming outta his pocket.

He got aggressive and told them the reason they don't wanna pay is because he isn't a big star. Etc

Aggressive he got again and said to them folks in an aggressive, ol it's because I don’t have any fans huh. Yall think I don't have any fans is the reason why I can't get a budget

Just my thoughts

:francis:
It has to be because they do not pay.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I like halfway recall one of this nikkas songs so they’re not lying.

I remember I kept seeing the music video for S.E.X on MTV2 when I was in middle school. Other than that I haven’t heard any other song from him. :skip:
How old are yall? Yall never heard must be nice lol

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
8uGaY7N.png

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they don’t think he is big enough name well that is there opinion nothing wrong with that. If they are about views then they are sadly mistaken because he would generate the views as an extremely talented legacy artist.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Make your own tiny desk.
Find a relevent author
Then create a author reads ________ showcase
. Then book yourself.
as the entertainment for the bookreading.

Wa la......

Pretentious tiny desk show.

Art Barr

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Kinda foul, they've had plenty of no name artists on there.
The way I know rappers and RnB singers, he's capping.

You get invited to things, you don't call them and say it's my time like Lil Wayne and Birdman regarding SB. Now he's trying to pressure them to host him, seen this shyt before. Now watch his fans flood NPR and try to pressure him, hating on other artists "you having these unknown cacs, but not Lyfe?! the audacity" :snoop:

I listen a lot to indie and they have really niche indie artists on there, I really doubt they would use such terms. He probably just interpreted it like that, cause he doesn't know that Tiny Desk mostly is a indie show, where few big artists started blessing them and it became known for that for commercial people just like many festivals. But 90 % of their music is still indie.

Like artists like this are virtually unknown.

Last edited: