Luther Season 4 thread

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Yeah I was just excited for another Luther season but in hindsight after rewatching, the last two episodes were pretty much pointless and seemed to be done for the hell of it. Third season was alright but was kind of like the 5th season of The Wire. 1 & 2 are classics.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I recently finished rewatching seasons 1 & 2. Both masterpieces and perfect in every way. All the villains were dope and made you want to stay inside your house, especially the crazy serial killer twins. Season 3 was good but not on the same level.

So how do you go from that to the lame trash that is season 4? :what: :snoop: As a die hard Luther fan I REALLY tried hard to like it but just couldn't.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mixed feelings about this. Been on this Luther journey for 5 years now and felt :blessed: to have this show, but while the main villain was compelling as usual, the more important subplot of Luther's exit strategy derailed by Alice's death just didn't have the type of closure to the series I would've liked.

As far as his personal life, season 3 with the death of Ripley, those cops trying to take him down b/c of all the shyt from past seasons, and the final confrontation on the rooftop with Alice and his other love interest, felt more like an appropriate ending to the series. Like he had reached his mountain top and there was no where else to go with his development. So season 4 ending the way it did felt a bit like a step backwards, esp with the knowledge that this may be it for the series, if they don't end up doing a movie or something.

Still, doesn't change that this was the show I looked forward to the most for the past 5 years. Still remember when i stumbled upon this show, Attack the Block and Misfits back in 2012, thanks to brehs in this forum. Black British Excellence :mjcry:
Attack the block is goat