Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Listened to a little more than half, and I like what I heard so far. I haven’t listened to Lupe in maybe 7 years, so I didn’t have a ton of expectations. Just glad the production is up to par so far. Lupe always been elite lyrically, so I don’t have to say much about that.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
7a831f8923df940f6e6aa97e850f4313.jpg

Fish is my friends and the whales is my homies
Octopus is my people
The shrimps they all on me
The sharks is my nikkas
The dolphins is with us
The crabs is my comrades
The sea horse be holdin us down
Jellyfish they just be rollin around
Lobsters is cool, they are not food
They part of the creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
And that mean they DOWN - Nikki Jean (Down)

Nikki Jean = a slave resurrected as a Black Mermaid in the sea :wow:

full

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
I was having a bad day. Well a bad month. Fell on rough financial times. So I been out of it lately. But on the long walk to my car this morning I took a few hits of the vape. Put on the headphones and bumped King Nas. By the time I made it to my car I went from a negative mindstate to a positive. This track is hip hop in its purest form. Food for the soul. I was on the sidewalk nodding my head, eyes closed, zoning the fukk out. Got in my car rejuvenated. Can't let this materialistic shyt get you down. Just keep spreading positive energy and doing shyt you love. Never dwell on past mistakes. Don't even dwell on the future much. Set goals and move towards them. Any time spent in the past or future is time you're not spending in the moment. Which is the only time that matters.

I'm the man now

:wow:
Had the same reaction breh :wow:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
Cripple and King Nas sequenced right after each other is fukking rap heaven brehs, made me emotional:mjcry: