Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Such a dope album, too bad it's sprinkled with quite a bit of trash inbetween. Double disk syndrome basically. Could've really stood up to T&Y if he kept it shorter:

My shortened tracklist:

1."Drogas"
2."Gold vs. The Right Things To Do"
3."WAV Files"
4."Down"
5."Haile Selassie"
6."Stronger"
7."Sun God Sam & The California Drug Deals"
8."Kingdom"
9."Stack That Cheese"
10."Cripple"
11."King Nas"
12."Quotations From Chairman Fred"
13."Happy Timbuck2 Day"
14."Mural Jr."s

^^That's an instant classic right there
My nikka omitted excellent songs like nikkas wasn’t gonna call you out :dead:

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Man:banderas:...the synths and that futuristic sound. Track sound like it should be apart of trailer for a live action version of Akira.
Those apocalyptic Lupe songs :blessed:

Streets On Fire, TRON, and now XO :wow:

Grandiose enough to garner mainstream traction (if Lupe was still on a major with a machine behind him) but sacrifices no artistic integrity :banderas:

Troi did an excellent hook

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
This is the best production he’s ever rapped over for an album
shyt sounds different from everything else out right now but still works for an elite lyricist

Bdot prolly headbutting a wall right now for never thinking of the diasporic gods angle

shyt is wild cuz i made a beat over Lupe's myth lecture he put on soundcloud way back earlier this year :wow: had no idea he was in that mindset for his album

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Have any rappers in the game commented on the album yet?.....I feel like this shyt gonna put the whole industry on notice. Especially with the rappers who really take the art form seriously. This shyt gonna make everybody step their game up.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Have any rappers in the game commented on the album yet?.....I feel like this shyt gonna put the whole industry on notice. Especially with the rappers who really take the art form seriously. This shyt gonna make everybody step their game up.

Not yet but i'm sure Mickey factz, ab soul, and Joe budden will. They talked about tetsuo snd youth when it dropped. shyt scarface and a handful of others talked about Mural so i'm sure when it drops officially some will.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
This is the best production he’s ever rapped over for an album
FACTS

Only track that didn't grab me completely was XO and that's really because the 2nd part of the chorus is rather poppy for my taste.

Lupe was rapping his ass off though

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
No one has time for the tag-teaming that goes on in this section. Seriously. Another album The Booth sits and calls good when it really isn’t. Enjoy.
Just like you did for that Janelle Monae album?

Beat it chick :camby:
1256735014_jayzsmackslady.gif