Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Imagine :wow:

This dude lupe took some wild ass psychadelics while make this album. Prolly sippin on DMT lattes every morning. this muthafukker channeled a different dimension with this album. The flows. The choruses. The production. The diversity. The message.

This shyt ain't music. This shyt is an experience. The whole thing feels epic....on some cinematic type shyt. I think a few of these songs could legitimately blow up too. This shyt bangs like crazy.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
record-ending.gif

:wow: what a great album. Can't even begin to break it down on one listen (can't do that wit any Lu album anyway). Gonna be some great future listens catching all that he was spittin. I'm also happy Lu got to make this album because you can feel this was 1 he always wanted to make. Free of restraints & obligations and just being an artist. Gonna support once this is available on Amazon :obama:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
King Nas. Holy fukk. Lupe channeled prime mos def with this shyt. The singing at the end damn near sounds identical to mos.

fukk it. I ain't even gotta finish the last 3 tracks and this shyt already a classic to me. I'm in disbelief.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's some obvious callbacks like Rosy Timms on Slave Ship and "I've always loved you" on Sun God Sam & The California Drug Deals, but also some subtlety too. Reminder that Kingdom is from the T&Y sessions and the beat sounds like it samples video game sounds, following Jonylah Forever. They Resurrect Over New. Oh, and WOW is the acronym for Walk On Water. It's too easy for him.