Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
It’s Troi fault her voice just sounds too polish and like a skyler gray hook
Skylar Grey wish she sounded like Troi

“XO” is a song that if Lupe was still on a label with machine backing, would go double platinum and be a promotional single for a big sci-fi movie.

Not too different from “All the Stars” off the Black Panther soundtrack.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Trois voice is perfect for xo.

But the beat is too popish

All the stars at least had a groove to it
Musically it’s not too different from elements we heard on The Cool, only the hook being more dramatic. But I wouldn’t confuse Troi’s vocal talent with Skylar Grey’s.

It’s nowhere near the shamelessness of a Lasers joint. All the Stars has “groove” to it but Lupe’s actually spazzing on this, and at the end of the day the majority consumes the music...

White people would eat that shyt up, I’ve seen it time and time again with Lupe. In 2007, 2011, 2012-2013

Only thing I think would detour “XO” from being a hit is cuz of Lupe’s lyrics. Nobody can rap along to that shyt :pachaha:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Skylar Grey wish she sounded like Troi

“XO” is a song that if Lupe was still on a label with machine backing, would go double platinum and be a promotional single for a big sci-fi movie.

Not too different from “All the Stars” off the Black Panther soundtrack.

DUDE THAT SONG SOUNDS DATED AS fukk
AND ITS NOTHING LIKE ALL THE STARS.

2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT VIBES.
:devil:
:evil:

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUDE THAT SONG SOUNDS DATED AS fukk
AND ITS NOTHING LIKE ALL THE STARS.

2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT VIBES.
:devil:
:evil:

I said nothing about it sounding like All the Stars. The effect in which they would’ve marketed it would be similar if Lupe still had a machine.

I thought Battle Scars was a played out sound especially coming from Lupe after the few years preceding. Everybody, including me, was like “nah, this ain’t it chief...:francis:

Then by the last quarter of 2012 and into 2013 that song blew the fukk up and was everywhere. :pachaha::snoop: