ChiTownGuevera

All Star
Daps
this shyt garbage...everything. the hook the cadence, the single...everything wackity wack...highly diasspointed.. lupe fully transitioned into lyrical myrical rappers that stays making outdated dungeons of rap music...:unimpressed:

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
this shyt garbage...everything. the hook the cadence, the single...everything wackity wack...highly diasspointed.. lupe fully transitioned into lyrical myrical rappers that stays making outdated dungeons of rap music...:unimpressed:
mane stop the cap lol. Y’all listen to music with rose colored nostalgia.

If it ain’t from F&L or The Cool the nostalgia takes control of y’all

As if Autoboto isn’t a better rap single than I Gotcha, when it is. And I like I Gotcha

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have zero complaints with both singles released so far. Both are on repeat for me. Beyond hyped for the whole thing.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
mane stop the cap lol. Y’all listen to music with rose colored nostalgia.

If it ain’t from F&L or The Cool the nostalgia takes control of y’all

As if Autoboto isn’t a better rap single than I Gotcha, when it is. And I like I Gotcha

From somebody who thinks Food & Liquor is damn near a classic (4.75 Mics)

I fukking HATE I Gotcha! That beat was so goddamn annoying its been an auto skip for damn near a decade

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
From somebody who thinks Food & Liquor is damn near a classic (4.75 Mics)

I fukking HATE I Gotcha! That beat was so goddamn annoying its been an auto skip for damn near a decade
Right. And I like I Gotcha, but come on mane

You got these disgruntled old Lupe fans living in nostalgia

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
random observation, anybody notice the new lupe album has 2 skulls on it? it's barely noticeable if it's a small avatar on itunes spotify player etc because the skull color blends in with the background
472315ccc8694569ab239af91b15e574_679c01fc_e7c4_411e_a465_1da8d8dae45e.jpeg

the last time this happened, it was on tetsuo and youth, i would assume that it's mostly aesthetic or artistic creation of material towards a reference of skull & bones or secret societies and perhaps a nod to The Skulls (2000) - IMDb (the movie paul walker was in) given that Lupe didn't follow thru with his "skulls" album announcement
www.reddit.com/r/LupeFiasco/comments/l2qh4c/next_album_is_skulls/
www.reddit.com/r/LupeFiasco/comments/f821ts/so_is_lupe_retired_what_happened_to_skulls/
www.reddit.com/r/LupeFiasco/comments/a9wmw0/what_is_skulls/
where the movie series was a trilogy one would presume the next lupe album (or a few after, given drogas light and wave were in between these 2 albums) might have 3 skulls on the album cover...'dot and lines' was about sacred geometries but that is actually passed down from the egyptians in terms of numerology and astrology, which is why lupe probably made the pharaoh 2/30 mixtape EP in reference to what he knows...feel free to speculate or expand on any of this shyt if you know more...you have to be creative with the complexities of metaphors like lupe and dance around this topic and not spell it out/address it directly like ab soul...lmk if there is a previous thread discussing this im not aware of
ecabec1f.jpg

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
random observation, anybody notice the new lupe album has 2 skulls on it? it's barely noticeable if it's a small avatar on itunes spotify player etc because the skull color blends in with the background

the last time this happened, it was on tetsuo and youth, i would assume that it's mostly aesthetic or artistic creation of material towards a reference of skull & bones or secret societies and perhaps a nod to The Skulls (2000) - IMDb (the movie paul walker was in) given that Lupe didn't follow thru with his "skulls" album announcement
www.reddit.com/r/LupeFiasco/comments/f821ts/so_is_lupe_retired_what_happened_to_skulls/
where the movie series was a trilogy one would presume the next lupe album (or a few after, given drogas light and wave were in between these 2 albums) might have 3 skulls on the album cover...'dot and lines' was about sacred geometries but that is actually passed down from the egyptians in terms of numerology and astrology, which is why lupe probably made the pharaoh 2/30 mixtape EP in reference to what he knows...feel free to speculate or expand on any of this shyt if you know more...you have to be creative with the complexities of metaphors like lupe and dance around this topic and not spell it out/address it directly like ab soul...lmk if there is a previous thread discussing this im not aware of
ecabec1f.jpg

If i’m not mistaken the Tetsuo & Youth album cover was hand painted by Lupe himself and was meant to represent a Lion. Its not some secret society skulls & bones reference.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Daps
Reppin
NULL

ecabec1f.jpg
Both album covers were painted around the same time and neither were specifically intended for their respective albums, they just happened to work with the music he was making. I wouldn't read too much into the significance of the skulls for DMIZ. He said it's more about the form than any color or iconographic symbolism and that it should be obvious once you hear the full album. Given the tracks we already have, I think the album could just be split into 2 distinct sounds. Or 2 different mindsets, 1 thinking of the individual and another thinking of the community.