Lupe Fiasco and Royce Da 5'9" announce podcast 'THE LUPE AND ROYCE SHOW'

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
Lupe police brutality commentary is dangerous and borderline c00nery. “I’m trying to win”? Comparing what street dudes do to sanctioned publicly paid servants of the community. Comparing what police officers do in third world countries? Dudes a fukking clown and I’m glad Royce checked that dumb idiot with his respectability talk
nikka said we're gonna have to compromise with the bad shyt the police do and get over it

Said he's more afraid of nikkas in Inglewood than he is of the police
:mjpls:

I fukk with Lupe but he was definitely c00ning during that whole topic

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lupe police brutality commentary is dangerous and borderline c00nery. “I’m trying to win”? Comparing what street dudes do to sanctioned publicly paid servants of the community. Comparing what police officers do in third world countries? Dudes a fukking clown and I’m glad Royce checked that dumb idiot with his respectability talk
same nikka said he identifies more with Japanese than Africans

Lupe-Fiasco-samurai.jpg

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lupe defending the pigs :scust: The corniest white host I've ever heard, and that's saying a lot :hhh: Never seen The Five Heartbeats :hhh: Yeah, I won't be returning :hhh:

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Can't lie I never gave royce's music much of a chance but he's funny as fukk. I be dying :russ:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Sometimes I think Lupe "outsmarts" himself when he speaks on certain topics. Everything doesn't need some crazy explanation
He gets too deep in the weeds, and I love how Royce brings him back and just simplifies it because things are usually not as deep as Lupe makes it.

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York
The pod is decent so far. It's a good balance with intellect and humor. Since it's still in it's early stages, it'll probably take some time for them to get it where they need to. One thing I will say though, is they are going to need a new moderator. That Tom cat is a pushover and has no backbone. I understand he's supposed to bridge the gap between they famous and normal, in terms of perspective. But when you're getting bullied around in terms of talking points and presence, then you serve no purpose because your job at that point has become irrelevant.

That's really the only thing I would change. I'm familiar with Lu's lives so some of his opinions aren't surprising. Can they be frustrating to listen to? Yes. Because I feel he will take the human elements out of some of his arguments in order to push the structured or by the book perspective. This is where I feel Royce shines. Hence the balance.

Replace the moderator and it'll be a lot more cohesive

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
These dudes are hilarious. That whole exchange about the massages and the haircut with the man not wearing underwear had me dying.

Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I dig this show a lot. Lupe's and Royce's chemistry seems natural and theyre never boring or flat when it comes to the subject at hand.

But...

I need that white guy to bounce. Royce and Lupe would be going in on subject smoothly and naturally, and then this fukking dork starts talking and would take me right out of it.

And dude never heard of The Five Heartbeats. You can say you never seen it, but never even heard of it? And youre part of a podcast with two blackety black rappers? What the actual fukk does he even bring into this podcast? He sounds like he won a contest so he could sit with them for a show. fukk outta here...