Luke Skywalker / Mark Hamil is Not Feeling The New Star Wars

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
When was the last time he was in a movie, return of the Jedi?

He couldn't turn it down

He could easily turn it down. There's more hustles than movies....dude had enough money to turn down voicing the Joker in a couple video games, which at this point is far more lucrative than his movie career.

Fred.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
ANH > return though

Always bounce back and forth between anh and empire, but jedi is the clear and obvious 3rd imo.

It's great but it has flaws. Leia/sister retcon, aiming way too young with the teddy bears, and pretty meddling middle section. plus you have the death star AGAIN.

whereas anh and empire really have no flaws. stirring beginning, middle and end.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Just like vader doing so in R1 saved the film from being just mediocre
:what:

yall are fukking retarded. 85% with critics 87% with audience = mediocre.

people in here keep saying the new movies are trash yet are always there DAY 1 to see the next one :russ: just to come in here and complain about it. Movies are fukking awesome and thank fukkING GOD George Lucas is no longer involved.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL

people in here keep saying the new movies are trash yet are always there DAY 1 to see the next one :russ: just to come in here and complain about it. Movies are fukking awesome and thank fukkING GOD George Lucas is no longer involved.
It's aging like spoiled milk:francis:
'Star Wars': When the Force Awakens a Critical Turnaround

Said from the day I watched it in the theaters, people are gonna like it now while the hype is still there and the nostalgia is still pumping, but in a years time it's gonna get shytted on. And that's what has happened.

Critics and viewers were just happy to get another movie regardless of it was some rehashed lazy nonsense. They better come correct for this next movie cause I guarantee the critics won't be as nice this time around

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
It's aging like spoiled milk:francis:
'Star Wars': When the Force Awakens a Critical Turnaround

Said from the day I watched it in the theaters, people are gonna like it now while the hype is still there and the nostalgia is still pumping, but in a years time it's gonna get shytted on. And that's what has happened.

Critics and viewers were just happy to get another movie regardless of it was some rehashed lazy nonsense. They better come correct for this next movie cause I guarantee the critics won't be as nice this time around
Wow, one fakkit who writes for the atlantic rewatched the movie and enjoyed it less. that really proves how terribly the movie is aging. I STILL watch TFA and I STILL love it. TFA WAS ALWAYS GOING TO BE A "SAFE" CONVENTIAL STAR WARS MOVIE. You can't fukking take some crazy ass chance with some crazy ass storyline decisions on the very first film of the new star wars trilogy. I personally LOVE the new hope vibes. Literally the only complaint I ever seen is about how it's a rehash of ANH. Yet people NEVER acknowledge everything that was done right. JJ Directed his fukking ass off, especially the aerial combat. Great, fun new characters, pacing, etc.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Wow, one fakkit who writes for the atlantic rewatched the movie and enjoyed it less. that really proves how terribly the movie is aging. I STILL watch TFA and I STILL love it. TFA WAS ALWAYS GOING TO BE A "SAFE" CONVENTIAL STAR WARS MOVIE. You can't fukking take some crazy ass chance with some crazy ass storyline decisions on the very first film of the new star wars trilogy. I personally LOVE the new hope vibes. Literally the only complaint I ever seen is about how it's a rehash of ANH. Yet people NEVER acknowledge everything that was done right. JJ Directed his fukking ass off, especially the aerial combat. Great, fun new characters, pacing, etc.
I can post more posts and articles like this if you want :yeshrug:. And personally I know a lot of friends that I used to argue about how trash the movie was that rewatched it and were like " yeah you might have been right:mjcry:". Yes you can. And even so you can step out on a little bit of a limb. Dont just make a damn near carbon copy :heh:. This is film making. At some point creativity should be expected. The movie was so predictable I couldnt fully enjoy the other good parts. Whole time i was just :hhh: at the lack of ambition. Id rather watch a moon shot that had a 50 on rotten tomatoes than a vanilla safe movie with no ambition. Thats just me tho:yeshrug:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side

I liked the movie breh, ima huge star wars fan..but I didnt care about anyone in the cast to be honest and cant really name many of them outside of Jyn...that vader scene was so epic it out did the previous two hours in 5 minutes is all im saying...