Daps
giphy.gif

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More info below.

This axing of Luke Cage came as a surprise as a writer’s room under showrunner Cheo Hodari Coker had had been working for awhile, producing scripts for a third season, with a formal order considered almost a foregone conclusion. The pink slipping of the Mike Colter-led series was ultimately a combo of the age old creative differences and the inability for the parties involved to reach a deal, according to sources. We hear that Netflix was not particularly impressed by the delivered Season 3 scripts. The writers room was recently put on hold, and we hear a behind-the-scenes turmoil ensued. There was a disagreement between the sides on a creative direction and possible personnel changes, leading to the cancelation.

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
2nd season was way better than the first. Bushmaster felt like a real threat unlike the villains in season 1.

I don't think any of the shows on Disney's streaming service are going to have the edge that the Netflix shows have.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think DAREDEVIL or THE PUNISHER are in danger of being cancelled. Daredevil is getting killer reviews, and THE PUNISHER is extremely popular.

This seems to have been a battle between creatives and Netflix. But I wonder if there are some other Marvel deals (unannounced) that Netflix made with Marvel before the merger that are going to now get ordered to series. Because Netflix knows the comic genre is big biz for them.

Last edited: