Luka Lively lavish like he playing for the Mavericks - Official Mavericks '23-'24 Season Thread

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
It would be quite the upset but Luka and Kyrie give us a shot

PJ and Maxi have to make shots. They will get dozens of open looks this series.
Lively and Gafford need to punish Horford/Porzingis on offense and be able to move around enough on the defensive end to challenge shots.

Green continues with the hustle plays.
Jaden Hardy has to be our Jordan Poole this series. At least give us some of that microwave production and shot making.

Anything from THJ and DJJ on offense should be considered a bonus.

PJ + DJJ have to both play very good defense and stay out of foul trouble.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
So much low IQ basketball being played through 2 games. Dumb, untimely fouls being committed on the defensive end which is compounded by the poor FT and 3pt shooting.

PJ is a very poor decision maker. He did get pushed in the back which would have made it a 3pt game, but he makes so many :mindblown: moves

Got trapped at halfcourt by the sideline, threw the ball backwards to Luka, and then didn't even have the sense of urgency for 8 second rule to come back to the ball...

No shotmaking, low IQ braindead plays, giving up too many OREBs to Boston both games, Kyrie clamped for the most part and when he's not he's bricking...
It's looking grim, brehs :francis:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Good ole friend, Missed Free Throws.
Why not let Hardy/Hardaway play?
Time to runoff 4 in a row :yeshrug:
Really not sure why Kidd refuses to play Hardy and THJ.

The elephant in the room through two games is Dallas’ extreme lack of shotmaking outside Luka.

fukk it, let the chuckers loose. Throw Hardy and THJ out there (separately) and give them the greenlight to get 3 jumpers off within the first couple minutes. See what you got. Maybe you find a guy who can give you a 15-20pt game. What do you have to lose?

Anything besides Maxi, DJJ, PJ, Green, and Exum bricks :why:

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We need to win game 3 and let the chips fall where they may

Last edited:

Stoop Kid

I think i can
Daps
Reppin
ps 118
I think a lot of it has to do with guys not being used to this stage and being too amped up... I can remember at least 3 times when someone on the Celtics pump faked and got guys on the Mavs to leave their feet. And on the other end, the Mavs missed a lot of opportunities because they didn't take their time, pump fake, and get a better shot or wait for something to develop. Just rushing to get a shot up and getting their shyt punched is not the wave.

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think a lot of it has to do with guys not being used to this stage and being too amped up... I can remember at least 3 times when someone on the Celtics pump faked and got guys on the Mavs to leave their feet. And on the other end, the Mavs missed a lot of opportunities because they didn't take their time, pump fake, and get a better shot or wait for something to develop. Just rushing to get a shot up and getting their shyt punched is not the wave.

Nah Kai just shooting like shyt