LOWKEY The Ava DuverNay disrespect shows a lot of the problems in the bc

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
and an overall disrespect and lack of love for BW and their arts.

I read thru the few threads on AWIT

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/all-the-guilt-trip-marketing-for-%E2%80%9Ca-wrinkle-in-time%E2%80%9D-failed.614977/
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/a-wrinkle-in-time-search-for-white-daddy-and-white-bae.616360/

And reading how some of you nikkas were deadass rooting for her to fail was alarming

some of u hoping she never gets a shot at another big movie

like shes not same woman who made this
Ava-DuVernay-13th-Documentary-Netflix.jpg

Shedding light on an issue that black men go through at an ridiculous rate. Arguably a top 3-5 documentary of all time when you consider its originality, cultural impact, structure, vision? and the sheer amount of truth loaded into in such a short frame of time. She could have used this as a chance to push an agenda about BM violence towards BW or any of that other shyt, but chose not to. Chose to put aside any and all of her agendas to do right by black men. And she gets repaid by disgusting threads like that because some (not all) black men can’t put their Internal struggle aside to support the art of one of the great visionaries of our time. I’m not saying you have to go see that film, im saying u clown ass nikkas using this film and It’s underachievement as vehicle to push your own agendas is flat out disgusting . The words and the vitriol hurled at Her specifically in these threads is unacceptable. Yall always worrying about if someone is fukkin a BW (truthfully because yall see a lot of women in general as sexual objects, including BW) like they are here simply to have ur offspring and be your other half and nothing else. Y’all forget that they are people going thru the other side of white supremacy , and are victims of both racism and sexism. there is no black Male director going out of his way to showcase an issue that is unique to BW. SHe did that. And we should appreciate her and support her if he u dont like the direction of her film and her “white fantasy fetish” even tho she’s showed you thru previous work that she’s everything short of a “c00n”

Some of U nikkas make me sick and And don’t ever forget it.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
We don’t respect wenching and c00ning which is what a wrinkle in time was.
fukk that. It’s a fukking movie. Isn’t that the bullshyt y’all was kickin for BP

BP showing diaspora unity and black pride “Is just a movie”

AWIT showing BW/WM Ir is to be taken literally and seriously and should be seen as a direct line into the mind of Ava DuverNay?

That’s how we rockin

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
We don’t respect wenching and c00ning which is what a wrinkle in time was. Make a good movie showing strong black relationships and people will watch. It’s that simple really :yeshrug:
You know what the crazy thing about ya'll saying this is she specifically made the father white because she didn't want to perpetuate that "black father not in their child's life" stereotype. Damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
So far every work i've seen from her doesn't give all too flattering a portrayal of black men. I'm definitely not rooting for her to fail. But I'm not interested in seeing people that look like me portrayed as failures or omitted entirely all the time either. In fact, i feel like she's the one disrespecting me.
Even that Selma movie had to include MLK cheating on his wife even though the only corroborating evidence that that ever happening is from the FBI who were clearly trying to subvert his impact. I doubt character assassination and false accusations were off limits too. Plus the woman who he cheated with would've been famous by now too. on some Monica Lewinsky type infamy and yet nothing. His wife even denied the claims so having her confront him in the movie is utter false hood.

Last edited:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
You know what the crazy thing about ya'll saying this is she specifically made the father white because she didn't want to perpetuate that "black father not in their child's life" stereotype. Damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess.
nikkas #1 enemy is WS, after that tho, other blacks

always rooting for another black person to fail

and i had my cousin tell me what u just wrote

crazy how that backfired tho

but what do u expect from a people who move the way we do

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
She is the can with Shonda Rhimes.

As I've stated before, I'll always love her for 13th, but seriously fukk this bytch for that Cac-attention and approval seeking.
Why she gotta be a fukking bytch?

What’s wrong with u dawg?

Love her for 13th, hate her for casting a white male to avoid negative black stereotypes

ThaEruditious

She luv it over here like Gold Watch.
Daps
Reppin
Nashville/Augusta

Has this been confirmed or is that an assumption?