Low-key...Miami sucks and is overrated

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
Miami is a great place for vacation. You can also get involve in many fun events that the city has to offer. The city is very diverse in culture. Because of the diverse population, you will always see a lot of beautiful women from different nation. However, I do agree with the OP job market is awful, and the cost of living overwhelm the average salary. :scust:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
I really don't think its THAT great of a city. Lets be honest.

You damn near gotta speak Spanish, theres no real culture here, its vain as hell, and theres no real middle class. Jobs are scarce. The economy is transient. All the attractions are weak.

I mean, the weather is alright, but you might as well go to Tampa and be in a way more chill environment.
:childplease:

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
Good place to winter sun, or weekends. Wouldn't or can't live there, for a start it's in Florida one of the craziest states.

People are way too superficial and materialistic. Miami has a good art scene and culture though if you dig that.

Scoop

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Tampa, FL
You damn near gotta speak Spanish, theres no real culture here, its vain as hell, and theres no real middle class. Jobs are scarce. The economy is transient. All the attractions are weak.

I mean, the weather is alright, but you might as well go to Tampa and be in a way more chill environment.

If we're talking strictly the city boundaries of Miami, I could maybe see it being overrated. Once you throw in the beaches and Coral Gables it's pretty tough to knock though.

I'm a life long Tampan and have extensive experience in South Florida.

- Spanish - depends on what part of town you're in, but yeah, it helps
- No real culture - don't agree with this at all. You have Hispanic culture, Wynwood, always music festivals and art exhibits in town, southern Miami/Key Biscayne have their own vibes, then you have the international globalized culture of the beaches
- Vain as hell - definitely. So it Tampa though. We're consistently ranked two of the most vain places in the country. It's because we have beautiful women plus warm weather so people don't need to wear much clothes year round and can show off...
- No real middle class - in the city proper you're probably right. If you include the suburbs, not so much
- Jobs are scarce - it depends on what you're trying to do and if you speak Spanish or not, but in general, the unemployment rate is higher than the country as a whole
- Economy is transient - not really sure what you mean by this.
- Weak attractions - Depends on what you're in to. It's a great area for water sports, you have the Everglades nearby, tons of nightclubs and world class shopping, busy beaches and also more secluded beaches, a strong food scene, strong arts scene.

Tampa is more chill than Miami, but once you go south of Kennedy Blvd. you'd be surprised how quickly Tampa gets thotty.

I think MIA is good for your 20's/early 30's, and then Tampa is better for actually raising a family.

FSP

Banned
Daps
If we're talking strictly the city boundaries of Miami, I could maybe see it being overrated. Once you throw in the beaches and Coral Gables it's pretty tough to knock though.

I'm a life long Tampan and have extensive experience in South Florida.

- Spanish - depends on what part of town you're in, but yeah, it helps
- No real culture - don't agree with this at all. You have Hispanic culture, Wynwood, always music festivals and art exhibits in town, southern Miami/Key Biscayne have their own vibes, then you have the international globalized culture of the beaches
- Vain as hell - definitely. So it Tampa though. We're consistently ranked two of the most vain places in the country. It's because we have beautiful women plus warm weather so people don't need to wear much clothes year round and can show off...
- No real middle class - in the city proper you're probably right. If you include the suburbs, not so much
- Jobs are scarce - it depends on what you're trying to do and if you speak Spanish or not, but in general, the unemployment rate is higher than the country as a whole
- Economy is transient - not really sure what you mean by this.
- Weak attractions - Depends on what you're in to. It's a great area for water sports, you have the Everglades nearby, tons of nightclubs and world class shopping, busy beaches and also more secluded beaches, a strong food scene, strong arts scene.

Tampa is more chill than Miami, but once you go south of Kennedy Blvd. you'd be surprised how quickly Tampa gets thotty.

I think MIA is good for your 20's/early 30's, and then Tampa is better for actually raising a family.
I always got the thot central vibe from Tampa. Your women are underrated too. Lots of bad hoes in Tampa

Scoop

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Tampa, FL
I always got the thot central vibe from Tampa. Your women are underrated too. Lots of bad hoes in Tampa

For whatever reason, every hot FSU girl (I see your avi) lands in South Tampa. And that's saying something. :wow:

Tampa is chill north of Kennedy and Downtown. The thot zones are SoHo, Channel District, Downtown, Hyde Park, UT and Palma Ceia. A couple other areas are trending that way too.

FSP

Banned
Daps
For whatever reason, every hot FSU girl (I see your avi) lands in South Tampa. And that's saying something. :wow:

Tampa is chill north of Kennedy and Downtown. The thot zones are SoHo, Channel District, Downtown, Hyde Park, UT and Palma Ceia. A couple other areas are trending that way too.
You're not lying 1 bit breh. It's like a migration of bad bytches or some shyt

Literally most that I can think of moved to Tampa for some time period. The baddest ones. I have no idea Y. Something in the water down there.