Low Bar vs High Bar vs Front Squats

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nah, I don't go super heavy with it, just by the way it feels if anything were to get hurt it would be your hips since the weight is being supported by them.

I meant if the steps moved while you were squatting

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm cutting and I like to run a lot so I do front squats. They're good for posture. If I was bulking again I would throw back squats back in the mix.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Oh nah, there's no way they could move, I have them on the same kind of rubber padding that gyms. You can get the rubber pad on craigslist, at least in my area you can.

You going to get a hip belt?

I might

GuChiMeng

East (Asian) Atlanta Santa
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Been running low bar for 3ish months now. I can go a bit heavier with it but due to my leverages (long limbs, short torso) it exacerbates my problem of doing good mornings when I go heavy. In addition to my frequent benching, my wrists are starting to get some nagging pain. I tried the Rippetoe wrist positioning but it doesn't feel nearly as secure on my back.

I'm uncertain at this point whether I'll keep on with it on my next training cycle or throw it to the bushes and go back to high bar. Or at some point drop the insane bench frequency, which is inevitable :mjlol:

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Did front squats on Tuesday didn't realize how different it would feel :lupe:

Gotta do deadlifts today, I hate deadlifts :mjcry: