Low Bar vs High Bar vs Front Squats

Brosef

I respect O.G. knowledge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Front squats. I just feel it's more natural movment for me...

Yeah I find it easier to go ATG with front squats

Can lift the heaviest on low bar

I usually do all 3 if I'm skipping leg press that day

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Dawg I have been thinking about these for a long time for wifey

What kind of weight can u load them up with? Do u use a special one made for squats or do u use a dip belt?

You can load up like 10 plates if you get a big enough loading pin, but you don't need to use as much weight since the weight is directly on your quads and takes your back out of it completely.

I use the iron mind super squat belt :blessed:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
You can load up like 10 plates if you get a big enough loading pin, but you don't need to use as much weight since the weight is directly on your quads and takes your back out of it completely.

I use the iron mind super squat belt :blessed:
:leon: This shyt looks promising. I will look into this.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
:leon: This shyt looks promising. I will look into this.

It's much better for me, especially since I can do it at home at times, no need to go to the gym or have a ton of equipment in my home. Just a couple plates and some step ups and I'm good to go.

Everything I do is to protect my back :blessed:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
It's much better for me, especially since I can do it at home at times, no need to go to the gym or have a ton of equipment in my home. Just a couple plates and some step ups and I'm good to go.

Yea eventually I want to build a home gym and space is at a premium. Wifey is still not 100% on back squats so I want to build her back with deads and her squats with some shyt like this. This will be perfect as I won't need a Smith machine or one of those bullshyt squat lever machines taking up room. And for me it will be good for adding leg volume without loading my back. Thanks :myman:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I do high bar barbell squats.
Low bar is doable but I don't do powerlifting. Front squats is no longer doable because of shoulder issues.
Whatever works for you. More strength and mass can be obtained from one or all three types of squats when performed with proper form. Its the set/rep/weight in a workout program that you execute that can hamper growth/strength or help it. In a two month time period, you want juggle the sets and reps and weight that you perform so you don't run into a situation where your muscles don't grow because you aren't shocking them into growth.

OC's finest

All Star
Daps

Does this effectively use all the same muscles as a squat or does it focus on quads more? I got back issues that limit my squats

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Yea eventually I want to build a home gym and space is at a premium. Wifey is still not 100% on back squats so I want to build her back with deads and her squats with some shyt like this. This will be perfect as I won't need a Smith machine or one of those bullshyt squat lever machines taking up room. And for me it will be good for adding leg volume without loading my back. Thanks :myman:

I want a home gym in the future, but that damn sure ain't gonna happen in NY :to:

Does this effectively use all the same muscles as a squat or does it focus on quads more? I got back issues that limit my squats

It takes your lower back out of the lift completely and hits the quads hard, ie you will probably use less weight than you did while squatting. You should be able to hit much higher reps, no spine compression, no pressure on your traps etc.