Louisiana looking like a straight up pro slavery state

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Somebody educate me on the concept of a private prison b/c it sounds like some unconstitutional shyt.
simply, these are prisons built and and owned by private corporations contracted by the federal government. They sell stock and thus it is in their financial interest to expand (incarearate more people, build more prisons etc.)

It has rooted in the convict gangs of the post civil war era which basically re enslaved former slaves/black people that were convicted of a crime

It's not constitutional because slavery is legal if someone is convicted of a crime.

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Watch 13th on Netflix if you haven't already

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
They fukk with these men over little things as well.

Black boys skateboarding they following them, tryna lock them up over a hobby.

Simply walking down the street they're stopping them. Riding a bike. I've been with people and the only reason police didn't harass is bc they saw me smh

Does crime happen down here often, yes.
Are all black men innocent, no.

This place is terrible. Economically depressing.

Alotta these guys don't wanna be in the position they're in. They just wanna take care of themselves and families and they have no positive outlets.

what does this mean?

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're a stupid fakkit.

I'd bash your head in with stones and spit in your mother's face. Don't be mad because you're a dumbass:russ:

You contribute nothing to the conversation just 1 liners. Stop quoting me fakkit.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I noticed when I started looking at some of the "prominent alumni" of the HBCUs and state universities down there.
Damn near every White man who graduated and went into politics was in one of those schools, and they all were hard-line, racist, Republicans (redundant, I know).
And they had a tight-grip on everything. The anti-federalist wing of the United States political system is still alive and well down there, the feds can't do much to change what's going on down there.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I live in Baton Rouge...yea there is a lot of bad shyt here.....

but look...cats can avoid a lot of this shyt if they stay out of the system....

cats are out here killing robbing dealing...and getting sent to prison....

once you get convicted you are at their mercy.....

keep your record clean and you dont have to worry about this
Its a lot harder to do that if you're born into deep poverty, in a bad neighborhood, or with criminal parents.
The schools down there are awful as well, kids are graduating with 5th grade reading skills and have no chance in college.
The harassment exists even for those who are entirely innocent.
Almost no representation at all.
Its ugly.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hate to tell y'all but this is America as a whole
Yeah, yeah.
Unfortunately, the terrible condition Black people are in is concentrated far more heavily in certain areas, than in others.
I wouldn't compare life growing up Black in a wealthy Black suburb, to life growing up Black in an impoverished, violent city.
Baldwin Hills =/= New Orleans
Ladera Heights =/= Baton Rouge
Uniondale =/= Macon

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I can't understand and my brain refuses to grasp the concept of this :mindblown:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
its the same scenario in the 2nd most populated country in the western hemisphere..... brazil... it only targets black men..... thats why I dont get why you guys are such simps...
And Black women :ufdup:
The highest proportion in comparison to population size of women incarcerated are Black women, both here and Brazil.
Just put slavery under a different name, and it never has to end.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
More aa's in tha south=political power at tha state level= a fair chance of having a state government tht represents us. But yall dont wanna make change, yall just want it 2 'happen'
This was the argument against making Black people count for 5/5s of a person centuries ago, and the point of voter disenfranchisement.
Every Black district and city in the South should have a strong representative leader, yet many of them do not.
Black voting blocs, caucuses, and PACs should be running the South.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Somebody educate me on the concept of a private prison b/c it sounds like some unconstitutional shyt.
Read The New Jim Crow by. Michelle Alexander
It should be mandatory reading in every school, for every child, especially Black children.
I can PM you a link to a .pdf if necessary.
This link is also helpful:
Making Profits on the Captive Prison Market