Los Angeles Times Sticks Its Foot In Its Mouth on Black Men

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Full article is here

The twitter page of the writer

Article was too long to lost, but glancing over it...I think the reporter wrote a balanced article.

Daps
Full article is here

The twitter page of the writer

Article was too long to lost, but glancing over it...I think the reporter wrote a balanced article.

Remember when democrats were using strippers to appeal to black men during the 2020 election?..... If you didnt watch Dr. Johnson's take, just say it...

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Remember when democrats were using strippers to appeal to black men during the 2020 election?..... If you didnt watch Dr. Johnson's take, just say it...
I commented on MY take after reading. the article. I can form my own opinion., and dont need to be a spoonfed takes. I posted the link to the full article for others who wanted form their own opinions on the article.

You're confusing me with a natural born follower who watches youtube videos to know what to think.

Last edited:
Daps
I commented on MY take after reading. the article. I can form my own opinion., and dont need to be a spoonfed takes. I posted the link to the full article for others who wanted form their own opinions on the article.

You're confusing me with a natural born follower who watches youtube videos to know what to think.
Dr. T Hasan Johnson founded and runs the Black Male institute.... He is one the first people to listen to on issues regarding black men.... But as per usual, any chance you types take to denigrate black men, you take them....

As for your opinion, its misguided...

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Dr. T Hasan Johnson founded and runs the Black Male institute.... He is one the first people to listen to on issues regarding black men.... But as per usual, any chance you types take to denigrate black men, you take them....

As for your opinion, its misguided...
Your paranoia and lack of self confidence is why you probably didn't read the article yourself. Either before or after watching the video. Apparently the Dr.'s opinion on it is all you need to hear.

Again, because I can think for myself I read the thread title, located the column, read it, and formed my own opinion about the validity and balance. Her opinion and take are hers, but she interviewed and quoted Black angelenos on different sides of the issue.

Not sure how long you've been here, but there were threads made about the buffoonish campaign ads that you referenced. You will see the full discussion of those ads, who funded them, and which segment of young Black men they were targeted towards.

And you will also see, if you search, the discussion of ads, proposed policies,,political discussions targeting different segments of Black men voters.

This isn't TLR.

Daps
Your paranoia and lack of self confidence is why you probably didn't read the article yourself. Either before or after watching the video. Apparently the Dr.'s opinion on it is all you need to hear.

Again, because I can think for myself I read the thread title, located the column, read it, and formed my own opinion about the validity and balance. Her opinion and take are hers, but she interviewed and quoted Black angelenos on different sides of the issue.

Not sure how long you've been here, but there were threads made about the buffoonish campaign ads that you referenced. You will see the full discussion of those ads, who funded them, and which segment of young Black men they were targeted towards.

And you will also see, if you search, the discussion of ads, proposed policies,,political discussions targeting different segments of Black men voters.

This isn't TLR.
I know, so leave your subtle black male hatred out of the sub-forum....

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
To suggest its sexism and not roughly sixty years of democratic policy that has ultimately been the undoing of black America that black men are not voting for a black female democratic candidate now is nonsense. This piece clearly has an agenda given post-CRM history; having read about the reason for certain plays during the mid 60s and early 70s, I wouldn't vote democrat either after seeing the effects of doing so this long. It hasn't yielded any positive long-term results that have strengthened the black community to act in ways other groups do. Doesn't mean all of a sudden vote republican, but what do you do when you realize you've always been between a rock and a hard place?

It's been a day late and a dollar short, and that was by design.

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Read the article but didn’t watch the video.

Seems like a pretty even article, and the varying reasons listed in the article for waning support of Democrat candidates/leadership seems pretty consistent with how my circle of friends/associates feel. :manny:

Personally, I’ve begrudgingly voted for Democrat candidates since I’ve been able to vote….all the other major candidates (in Florida) were either directly or indirectly anti my interests, and specifically anti-black.

Voting for the current version of Republicans (or Libertarians) is a vote for regression.

I somewhat get the withholding your vote (for candidates, not measures) thing, but in certain cities / states, that might as well be the same thing as voting for your opposer.

Voting for your openly direct opposer, or withholding the vote altogether, while also not actively trying bring forth a new ideology or pool of candidates is counter productive.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
A man quoted in the column expressed a similar sentiment.

====

Some were like Willie, who told me he used to vote regularly, but stopped because he doesn’t believe a politician — any politician — can solve his problems.

“You can work and your wife can or your child can work. The dogs can work. The rats and the roaches even working, and you still cannot afford to stay in a studio apartment in South Los Angeles,” he told me, taking a break from selling used DVDs and books out of his minivan.

He continued, his voice rising: “And when was the last time you heard a politician say Black man? When they think of the Black community, think of Black women or Black children, they don’t really think of us.”

Willie ran through a list of government assistance programs, from tax credits to food benefits for infants, arguing that they primarily benefit women. Meanwhile, single Black men are disproportionately homeless and politicians “don’t care.” This is why, he speculated, that Black men vote differently than Black women.

“But that’s OK,” he spat, shaking his head in resigned anger.

=
What was the reason for those government assistance programs to start with? Having read books on the background of some of these programs being the brainchild of democratic policies and based on the historical significance of blackness in this country, specifically black men and their relationship with black women like I said, the author clearly has an agenda. It's not just about working but access to work.

Occupational crowding: "the exclusion of certain workers from certain occupations which "crowds" them into other occupations, decreasing the wages of those workers and the wages in the latter occupation."

When black people aren't in a position to hire each other or don't hire each other like these other groups do, it creates socioeconomic problems that sway political opinion among that group and creates further dissension among them. When the politicians of a seemingly beneficent group manipulate the position of a people away from their best interests of self-determination, they have to be examined. This isn't anecdotal but historical, black people have to look at what happened between 1955 to now and make a decision about where to go from here, neither party has our best interests at heart. An article stirring up gender conflict without historical context is damning to say the least.

41-Hx-hwcNL._SX342_SY445_QL70_ML2_.jpg

This isn't about misogynoir, but following up on Malcolm's point in greater detail when claiming to love him so much. Using the black woman as a club to get all of black people in check on someone else's behalf needs to be addressed.