Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok, the new trailer has sold me. It looks like Amazon dropped the bag on this. The production value looks incredible. Can't wait to watch the series.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Why they always late with this shyt? They should of dropped this a year or two after the lotr trilogy. There was so much hype to it. Just like how they waited YEARS to drop the Hobbit and that shyt ended up being a boring dud

On what, Fox? :russ:

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
wow sauron is the badguy again:unimpressed:how original. if only there was someone else like a thousand times more threatening and powerful:beli:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Nobody was putting this kind of money behind TV shows back then, come on now.
what does that gotta do with the era and TV shows? You really think they sat back and said hmmmm, we should wait 20 more years until TV shows have bigger budgets as the norm :dead:

There were plenty of fantasy made TV shows. yall missing the point. If they released this back around when the movies dropped, it would of made much more than what it will now. I mean its common sense

Imagine if TV shows like LOST has the same mindeset as yall :russ:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
So whats the actual story of this show?
No fukking clue....It looks great but idk why i think the story will be shyt.
If they thought The wheel of time nerds were crybabies...they aint seen nothin' yet.
TLOTR franchise is the only big franchise that hasn't been ran into the ground.
I hope this will be great but i doubt it

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps

Rings of Power spans many different locations, from “the darkest depths of the Misty Mountains, to the majestic forests of the elf capital of Lindon, to the breathtaking island kingdom of Númenor” as old and new characters etch out legacies that will last long after they are dead.

https://tvline.com/lists/lord-of-th...the-rings-of-power-full-trailer-amazon-video/
With the show set during the Second Age, it will tackle several key events from that period, including Sauron’s rise to power; the forging of the Rings of Power, which the Dark Lord gifted to humans, elves and dwarves and secretly controlled with his master ring (aka the One Ring to Rule Them All); the rise and fall of Númenor, the island of men who happen to be Aragorn’s ancestors; and the Last Alliance of Elves and Men, a final stand against Sauron (depicted in the prologue of Peter Jackson’s Fellowship of the Ring).

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Not sure if we know much about the direct story but basically it's set in the second age before LOTR (which was set in the third age) and deals with a powerful kingdom of men (Numenor) who Sauron (still a man back then) is trying to "seduce", and you've got a much younger Galadriel trying to discover what Sauron is up to.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
never watched any of the LOTR movies but I’ll give this a shot

Hopefully it’s not some kiddie bullshyt

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL

This, friends and fam keep asking what this is about because the trailers don't tell you shyt about the story. I just found out yesterday that this woman is supposed to be Cate Blanchett's character from the LOTR movies :mjlol:

Rings_of_Power_Galadriel_symbol-1200x900.jpg