Lord help me get through Metal Gear Solid 5

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
So I been sitting on this game for a few years and decided to give it a go. Holy hell, I am dying of boredom and despair. This game is pretty much Peace Walker without the enticing story. Portable Ops without the reason to keep playing.

• Every mission feels like a slog to get through
  • The characters are so bland and unlikable
  • The main antagonist is probably the WOAT Metal Gear character of all time
  • I don't blame Kiefer for treating this game as an afterthought (dude did not put any effort in giving a shyt)
  • The base building element is a ploy to make the game seem longer, when it's just empty and shallow
  • Afghanistan has got to be the WOAT setting for any video game
I just put the cheats on and trying to get through, but I really wondered what could have been, if Kojima and em didn't get shyt canned by Konami. Also proves that not every game needs an "Open world"

Cough cough Elden Ring (which I tend to enjoy, but it will never match the element of Dark Souls).

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
If mgs 5 had a halfway decent story it would be one of the best stealth action games of all time. No game feels better, I would take a Splinter Cell remake in that exact same engine from 2015.

Thats the thing. I LOVED the gameplay. Some of the best shooting and controls in an action game since Stranglehold.

My beef is the god awful story and pacing. Like I get they were doing an episodic approach to the game, but holy hell that's the biggest crock of shyt just to take away the heat of the game being shallow as hell.

Now I'm on my Joseph Kony shyt with beating up child soldiers :why:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Only metal gear solid game i never finished.

I just pretend Peace Walker is MGS5
Technically it is.

Peace walker was 5 (there are interviews and marketing materials that confirm this.) but Konami didn’t like the idea of a numbered entry on a handheld.

That’s why it’s MGS V, for venom.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
So I been sitting on this game for a few years and decided to give it a go. Holy hell, I am dying of boredom and despair. This game is pretty much Peace Walker without the enticing story. Portable Ops without the reason to keep playing.

• Every mission feels like a slog to get through
  • The characters are so bland and unlikable
  • The main antagonist is probably the WOAT Metal Gear character of all time
  • I don't blame Kiefer for treating this game as an afterthought (dude did not put any effort in giving a shyt)
  • The base building element is a ploy to make the game seem longer, when it's just empty and shallow
  • Afghanistan has got to be the WOAT setting for any video game
I just put the cheats on and trying to get through, but I really wondered what could have been, if Kojima and em didn't get shyt canned by Konami. Also proves that not every game needs an "Open world"

Cough cough Elden Ring (which I tend to enjoy, but it will never match the element of Dark Souls).

If kojima could’ve stayed on budget and made a cohesive story.

Everyone knows Konami’s leadership is fukked, but Kojima did himself no favors with MSG5 & the Fox Engine.