Looks like them PUBG creators really did go cry in the car. They suing Epic Games

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Confuse game engines for game concepts, brehs.

edit: this thread popped up as a new thread for me? but ive posted many times in this thread previously. weird.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Fortnite is NOT "different enough" if you take away the things they copied from PUBG/h1z1/day-z which Player Uknown created for Battle Royal genre;

-Party Bus/parachutes to enter the map
-the open field map design
-the "gas" (electrical field) to shrink the map to a designated area
-the timer in the gas
-100 player count
-duos
-quads
-loot system

You are left with what ? Dances and John Wick skins..

They changed NOTHING from the previous battle royal games outside of graphics and YOU CAN SUE for that because if you CREATED something and can SHOW PROOF of the intellectual property you can win.

Those other games are all created by the same person that created PUBG though

I think you guys confuse PLayer Unknown for a developing company.. its just a single person who helped mods games(Arma/h1z1).. and then finally created his own (PUBG)

If you , @Detroit Wave created a UNIQUE gambling feature for this site (but say took the general concept of GAMBLING [FPS genre, in this case]) and then other sites like Boxden literally copied and pasted your code and changed it to fit their forum lay out but didnt give you credit, how would you feel about that ?

I just want to be clear, theirs ABSOLUTELY 0 way to this biased towards a video game to think Fortnite did not steal from PUBG. This is the worst case of stanning ive seen in my life.
I don't get anything you're saying because the two games are really not alike, aside from the BR part and shrinking map or whatever. I hated PUBG but love Fortnite because they are two different experiences.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I don't get anything you're saying because the two games are really not alike, aside from the BR part and shrinking map or whatever. I hated PUBG but love Fortnite because they are two different experiences.
So fortnite doesnt do;

-the timer in the gas
-100 player count
-duos
-quads
-loot system

?

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
So fortnite doesnt do;

-the timer in the gas
-100 player count
-duos
-quads
-loot system
No doubt but does that make it the same game?

Last edited:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
I think you think something needs to be a 100% copy to be sue-able.. just the core concept is all
So you're telling me that there aren't hundreds of copycat games out here? Military-style first-person shooters are essentially all the same. Whichever COD that was around the time Titanfall came out straight up stole every idea in Titanfall. If every case of this type of shyt was "sue-able" wouldn't more companies be getting sued?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
So you're telling me that there aren't hundreds of copycat games out here? Military-style first-person shooters are essentially all the same. Whichever COD that was around the time Titanfall came out straight up stole every idea in Titanfall. If every case of this type of shyt was "sue-able" wouldn't more companies be getting sued?

Funny enough you bring up Call of Duty and Titanfall

Titanfall was made on the Source engine (Counter Strike, Half Life, etc.) which had those elements already in them. The funny part about bringing up Call of Duty is that Titanfall uses the same console commands from Call of Duty 4.

They have no leg to stand on to sue anyone, as they made and created nothing. Its a glorified skin on the Source engine. Valve would only have the rights to sue anyone if anything was copied from Titanfall.

Not only that, Titanfall is not the first of its kind. Its not much different from zero gravity/double jump Unreal Tournament - which was released in the 90s. The unique element of Titanfall was the PVE (AI enemies) added to the multiplayer. but even then its not the first.

mafukkas gonna learn about game engines (Quake, Unreal, Source, Frostbite, Crytek, etc.) in here :ufdup:

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Have you played both games? Are they the same game? Are you serious? If they were the same game people wouldn't have left in droves to go to Fortnite.
nikka i own both games:gucci:

Are YOU serious... :gucci:

It’s the exact same game except Fortnite is about building shyt and being goofy and PUBG has vehicles

And people “left in droves” because Fortnite is a FREE ass kiddie game and Pubg isn’t on PS4... so fortnite is all they got:facepalm:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
nikka i own both games:gucci:

Are YOU serious... :gucci:

It’s the exact same game except Fortnite is about building shyt and being goofy and PUBG has vehicles

And people “left in droves” because Fortnite is a FREE ass kiddie game and Pubg isn’t on PS4... so fortnite is all they got:facepalm:
FOH. You're the first and only person that's said that shyt. Aint shyt kiddie about Fornite but the graphics. And even with the cartoonish graphics it literally looks better than PUBG in every way. Bet ya ass can't get a win. It takes a lot more skill than PUBG, simply because of the building aspect alone. Ole slow ass, "I just want to shoot" ass, I can't see the difference ass nikka.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
FOH. You're the first and only person that's said that shyt. Aint shyt kiddie about Fornite but the graphics. And even with the cartoonish graphics it literally looks better than PUBG in every aspect. Bet ya ass can't get a win. It takes a lot more skill than PUBG, simply because of the building aspect alone. Ole slow ass, "I just want to shoot" ass, I can't see the difference ass nikka.
Fortnite is for children, you mad?

You sound mad af

Nothing kiddie??? I guess that kiddie ass bus, kiddie ass map, umbrella, magic potion, purple guns, gay ass dancing, etc., aren’t catered to kids though, huh??

“bET yA ASs cAnT GeT A wIn” ass nikka:mjlol:

You probably can’t even finish a game of PUBG in the top 10 ass nikka talking about getting a win on that goofy shyt.

Fortnite literally got deleted last night too just for taking up space

Get outcha feelings as well over that kiddie ass game:mjlol:

b_low_brown

Daddyface
Daps
Bet ya ass can't get a win. It takes a lot more skill than PUBG, simply because of the building aspect alone. Ole slow ass, "I just want to shoot" ass, I can't see the difference ass nikka.

You probably can’t even finish a game of PUBG in the top 10 ass nikka talking about getting a win on that goofy shyt.

:laff: this exchange

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Fortnite is for children, you mad?

You sound mad af

Nothing kiddie??? I guess that kiddie ass bus, kiddie ass map, umbrella, magic potion, purple guns, gay ass dancing, etc., aren’t catered to kids though, huh??

Fortnite literally got deleted last night too just for taking up space

Get outcha feelings as well over that kiddie ass game:mjlol:
Purple guns? The background color of the gun is the level of the weapon, like Destiny. The "potion" is a shield, like many other shooting games have. Umbrella? Change the shyt to something else then. Hatin ass. You don't even know wtf you're talking about.