Looks like them PUBG creators really did go cry in the car. They suing Epic Games

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
I just feel like if they're gonna charge for PUBG they could at least fix the damn servers, graphics and framerate.....or any one of the damn three....and now you tryna sue Fortnite when their shyt is free and way more complete?

Nah

shonuff

All Star
Daps
why are they saying PUBG invented Battle Royale? - i was playing BR on fukking CoD ......

games fukking suck now

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
If the game was flawless and executed correctly they wouldn’t have this problem plus the kids love Fortnite.

You can’t beat a game that has a huge young following it’s cartoony funny and no gore/serious violence.
I cant tell you jow many kids play this. I had an 8yr old on my squad the other day.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
h1z1 should sue them both
Try and sue for copyright infringement while being a copy of H1Z1 brehs.

dont realize h1z1 isnt the first BR game either brehs

H1Z1, like Fortnite, was originally a whole another game with a different objective. H1Z1 was originally a zombie survival crafting game (like Rust). You used to craft bows and arrows. The game didnt pick up traction even though they were sponsoring every big streamer at the time. So they made a separate mode called Battle Royal which was copied from Day-Z's battle royal, which was a mod in itself since it was originally a mod for Arma.

The main thing here is it shows how important it is to patent ideas, no matter how small (even though Day-Z/Arma 3 sold millions) of a concept.

One of the first questions Sharks on Shark Tank ask are "do you have any patents" because they know this is the key to getting paid if someone wants to lease your idea.

This gets tricky because the original creator of Battle Royal (Players Unknown, which is why its called Player Unknowns Battleground. Its not the developer studio, Player Unknown is the name of the modder who originally created Day-Z on Arma 2 and then switched to Arma 3), also worked on H1Z1 and Day-Z battle royals.

The reason PUBG has a case against Fortnite is because they took the entire concept.

If you break it down to just killing other people then yeah no one has a case because "battle royal" could just be Free For All death match mode all the way back to Quake/Doom eras :heh:

What makes Battle Royal (speifically H1z1, PUBG and Fortnite) different is you enter the zone in a unique way, you gather items, then try to eliminate enemies in a way they cant respawn, while the map shrinks via outside source (gas, electric field, etc.) -- so its not like call of duty/unreal tournament/quake death matches.

The ISSUE is Player Unknown did NOT work on Fortnite like he did H1Z1, PUBG and Day-Z. They just copied and pasted his work into Fortnite with more cartoony graphics.

He'll win this case, but itll be years from now.

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
Epic released a more accessible game that doesn’t take top of the line computer hardware to play it at max capabilities. I haven’t been on PUBG in a while, but the game and frame rate ran so trash on my Xbox one x, it killed any desire to play it.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
dont realize h1z1 isnt the first BR game either brehs

H1Z1, like Fortnite, was originally a whole another game with a different objective. H1Z1 was originally a zombie survival crafting game (like Rust). You used to craft bows and arrows. The game didnt pick up traction even though they were sponsoring every big streamer at the time. So they made a separate mode called Battle Royal which was copied from Day-Z's battle royal, which was a mod in itself since it was originally a mod for Arma.

The main thing here is it shows how important it is to patent ideas, no matter how small (even though Day-Z/Arma 3 sold millions) of a concept.

One of the first questions Sharks on Shark Tank ask are "do you have any patents" because they know this is the key to getting paid if someone wants to lease your idea.

This gets tricky because the original creator of Battle Royal (Players Unknown, which is why its called Player Unknowns Battleground. Its not the developer studio, Player Unknown is the name of the modder who originally created Day-Z on Arma 2 and then switched to Arma 3), also worked on H1Z1 and Day-Z battle royals.

The reason PUBG has a case against Fortnite is because they took the entire concept.

If you break it down to just killing other people then yeah no one has a case because "battle royal" could just be Free For All death match mode all the way back to Quake/Doom eras :heh:

What makes Battle Royal (speifically H1z1, PUBG and Fortnite) different is you enter the zone in a unique way, you gather items, then try to eliminate enemies in a way they cant respawn, while the map shrinks via outside source (gas, electric field, etc.) -- so its not like call of duty/unreal tournament/quake death matches.

The ISSUE is Player Unknown did NOT work on Fortnite like he did H1Z1, PUBG and Day-Z. They just copied and pasted his work into Fortnite with more cartoony graphics.

He'll win this case, but itll be years from now.
There’s no way this case doesn’t get thrown out. You can’t patent ideas. The battle royale concept isn’t something anyone can iwn. Can Nintendo sue Sega for copying Mario with Sonic? Can the creators of Doom sue the creators of Wolfenstein? Fortnite is in no way similar to PUBG beyond the initial battle royale concept, and the gameplay addition of building makes it almost a whole new genre of its own.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Fortnite is in no way similar to PUBG beyond the initial battle royale concept
cut the shyt :mjlol: its the same fukking game outside of the building part and cartoon graphics :mjlol:

Well first things first, Wolfenstein came out before Doom, so what leg would Doom have to stand on to sue Wolfenstein since Wolfenstein was created first? Yall really just come on here and type whatever with 0 backing of history or knowledge on the subject

Wolfenstein is largely credited to be the first real FPS :heh: came out in 1992, Doom came out in 1993 :ufdup: Stop posting dumb shyt to defend Fortnite :ufdup:

to go into more detail, those examples you used are horrible. Nintendo owns Sonic now, Doom and Wolfenstein were created by the same company (ID software) why would they sue themselves?? They are both under the same developer :heh: thats why they are so similar

Thats like saying why doesnt H1Z1 sue PUBG? Because they were created by the same fukking person :heh:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Epic released a more accessible game that doesn’t take top of the line computer hardware to play it at max capabilities. I haven’t been on PUBG in a while, but the game and frame rate ran so trash on my Xbox one x, it killed any desire to play it.
The Blizzard strategy to destroy its competition - make it more accessible. If you notice all the most popular games in history usually take less to run than the competition.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
cut the shyt :mjlol: its the same fukking game outside of the building part and cartoon graphics :mjlol:

Well first things first, Wolfenstein came out before Doom, so what leg would Doom have to stand on to sue Wolfenstein since Wolfenstein was created first? Yall really just come on here and type whatever with 0 backing of history or knowledge on the subject

Wolfenstein is largely credited to be the first real FPS :heh: came out in 1992, Doom came out in 1993 :ufdup: Stop posting dumb shyt to defend Fortnite :ufdup:

to go into more detail, those examples you used are horrible. Nintendo owns Sonic now, Doom and Wolfenstein were created by the same company (ID software) why would they sue themselves?? They are both under the same developer :heh: thats why they are so similar

Thats like saying why doesnt H1Z1 sue PUBG? Because they were created by the same fukking person :heh:
It’s the same concepts. I’m not defending anything beyond how the law works. You can’t patent an idea and Fortnite is different enough in its own right to exist as a separate entity. How are my examples dumb? This is exactly like those other examples. Besides getting the dates wrong (which is honestly easy to do as they came out so close together damn near 30 years ago), the point still stands. Ok, then every first person shooter post Doom and Wolfenstein could have been sued then? :ohhh:And obviously I’m talking about Nintendo suing before they bought the IP. Why would you even try and take that angle?

Last edited:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
It’s the same concepts. I’m not defending anything beyond how the law works. You can’t patent an idea and Fortnite is different enough in its own right to exist as a separate entity. How are my examples dumb? This is exactly like those other examples. Besides getting the dates wrong (which is honestly easy to do as they came out so close together damn near 30 years ago), the point still stands. Ok, then every first person shooter post Doom and Wolfenstein could have been sued then? :ohhh:And obviously I’m talking about Nintendo suing before they bought the IP. Why would you even try and take that angle?

Fortnite is NOT "different enough" if you take away the things they copied from PUBG/h1z1/day-z which Player Uknown created for Battle Royal genre;

-Party Bus/parachutes to enter the map
-the open field map design
-the "gas" (electrical field) to shrink the map to a designated area
-the timer in the gas
-100 player count
-duos
-quads
-loot system

You are left with what ? Dances and John Wick skins..

They changed NOTHING from the previous battle royal games outside of graphics and YOU CAN SUE for that because if you CREATED something and can SHOW PROOF of the intellectual property you can win.

you can tell who the casuals are in the battle royale community becauuse they think the genre started with pubg :mjlol:

there are plenty of mods to games with the same gameplay loop :mjlol:

fortnite is the king right now :manny:

Those other games are all created by the same person that created PUBG though

I think you guys confuse PLayer Unknown for a developing company.. its just a single person who helped mods games(Arma/h1z1).. and then finally created his own (PUBG)

If you , @Detroit Wave created a UNIQUE gambling feature for this site (but say took the general concept of GAMBLING [FPS genre, in this case]) and then other sites like Boxden literally copied and pasted your code and changed it to fit their forum lay out but didnt give you credit, how would you feel about that ?

I just want to be clear, theirs ABSOLUTELY 0 way to this biased towards a video game to think Fortnite did not steal from PUBG. This is the worst case of stanning ive seen in my life.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Fortnite is NOT "different enough" if you take away the things they copied from PUBG/h1z1/day-z which Player Uknown created for Battle Royal genre;

-Party Bus/parachutes to enter the map
-the open field map design
-the "gas" (electrical field) to shrink the map to a designated area
-the timer in the gas
-100 player count
-duos
-quads
-loot system

You are left with what ? Dances and John Wick skins..

They changed NOTHING from the previous battle royal games outside of graphics and YOU CAN SUE for that because if you CREATED something and can SHOW PROOF of the intellectual property you can win.

Those other games are all created by the same person that created PUBG though

I think you guys confuse PLayer Unknown for a developing company.. its just a single person who helped mods games(Arma/h1z1).. and then finally created his own (PUBG)

If you , @Detroit Wave created a UNIQUE gambling feature for this site (but say took the general concept of GAMBLING [FPS genre, in this case]) and then other sites like Boxden literally copied and pasted your code and changed it to fit their forum lay out but didnt give you credit, how would you feel about that ?

I just want to be clear, theirs ABSOLUTELY 0 way to this biased towards a video game to think Fortnite did not steal from PUBG. This is the worst case of stanning ive seen in my life.
I'm gonna have to disagree with just about everything you typed here, and Korean courts will too. It is what it is.