Banned
Daps
Mark Wahlberg
Vanilla Ice
Christina Aquilera
Justin Timberlake
Britney Spears
Miley

Justin just following the trend like all the cacs before him get bunch a nikkaz around him for some street creed and when shyt get too real dip just like Paul Mooney said everybody wanna be a nikka but don't

None of these people ever had "street cred" :mjlol:

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Did Chris Brown really try though?

Chris got the bad boy rep and ran with it. Proceeded to embrace that image by getting tatted up, dying his hair, repping gangs, going off on people online and on TV shows :mjlol:... One could say that Chris Brown was waiting for the opportunity to change into what he's become perception wise.

Chris Brown really didn't have much of a choice after the Rihanna situation. He was always going to be a villain so he just ran with it. He went full retard though.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I think it's too late for Beiber, these kids on something new the moment you blink.
Nope. These teen white girls still love Taylor Swift's contradictory ass and she makes worse music than Beiber. Kid was trending all over my Twitter feed. shyt was crazy. The kid gong double platinum....MINIMUM.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone knew it was coming. It's not a shock. Dude went to jail repeatedly. It was only cool to them for a little while, but when shyt was getting real, it was time to push that handy Eject button. Comes with every "Adult Transformation" reinvention plan. Those stunts he was pulling wasn't flying with those white parents, and the PR must've gotten the hot collar a lot. Now ask yourself, if you're a white teen pop star that makes vaginas run like broken faucets... why would you ever wanna fukk that up? Thing is tho, because of that, you can walk back in like nothing's wrong. We can't, though. Ask Chris Brown. :mjpls:
To be fair, Chris brown isn't trying to "Go back" and has instead
adopted this pop gangsta image.

Good for him. Someone finally sat him down and showed his current earnings vs his previous ones. Plus what Taylor Swift is doing vs what Miley Cyrus is doing.

It's not about "acting black" because that's self hate: why do we associate ignorance with acting black, while associating education and success with acting white? He was acting like a damn fool, catering to a small audience compared to the mainstream.
I don't think it's self hate to say this appeared to be a blatant PR campaign.
Where Bieber was intentionally surrounding himself with young Black men, getting Hip Hop features and intentionally adopting a Bad Boy/Hip Hop Star image.

I don't know if this is "fact" it's pure speculation on my part but I wouldn't
be surprised if some PR team concocted this image to sell more records.
Acknowledging this doesn't mean I think Black people are "Bad".

The difference is that most of the artists you named simply had Black producers producing their music. None of them ever attempted street cred or were ever given street cred. Christina Aguilera has had Black producers since album #2 and has had rap features on those albums. Justin Timberlake has been working with Timbaland since his first solo album.

This isn't about "Street Cred", since Justin Beiber has no "Street
Cred" to speak of.

It's adopting musical, linguistic and fashion choices of black youth to
sell an image.

One second Christina Aguilera is any girl usa then the next she's braids, mid drifts
and urban outfitters extraordinaire.
One second Justin Timberlake is any boy usa then the next he's cornrows,jerseys,timbs
and sagging jeans.
Images they've both shed since then.

The SAME THING is going on with Justin Beiber and Mile Cyrus, I don't get how this difficult to see.
The musical back drop in Justin and Christina's case accentuates my point
they were sure to get well known R&B and Hip Hop producers for their new albums
and image change as well.....

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The difference is that most of the artists you named simply had Black producers producing their music. None of them ever attempted street cred or were ever given street cred. Christina Aguilera has had Black producers since album #2 and has had rap features on those albums. Justin Timberlake has been working with Timbaland since his first solo album.
Timberlake had fukking braids fam.

Ya'll must be young.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Fuk a Justin Beiber. THIS is the main thing im taking away from this thread. Why is everybody saying he's acting like a "nikka"? In essence we're all admitting that ignorance=black. The self hate among us blacks is DEEPLY rooted. We LITERALLY equate everything negative to ourselves. Now that he's acting civilized again i take it he's "acting white" huh?
why do we associate ignorance with acting black, while associating education and success with acting white?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Interesting how many people think getting in trouble and doing drugs and being an overall a$$hole means he was trying to be a "nikka"

Some people have a low view of themselves apparently.

Either that or anyone that hangs out with another race is trying to be that race.
Its more than that. Its the fact that he tried to be a hard-ass about it. Trying to act like he had an EDGE to him and associated that with his black affiliation.

There was a moment in time where he had NO white friends he publicly claimed.