Looking back, it's fukked up how 2pac went at C. Delores Tucker

Manolo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The issue is-Why the hate for Tupac though?

Protested about him getting a image award-

Bought stock in Time Warner to talk shyt at shareholders meetings-

She went out her way to have dude condemned and this way before the lyrics going against her.

Seems like she was a pawn or had an adgenda.

"instead of trying to help a nikka, you destroy a brother?" is totally relevant...
Exactly. In 1992, Bush Sr., Bob Dole and C. Delores Tucker each called out Tupac by name. This is before Thug Life and before he got into with off-duty cops. Tucker even bought majority stock in Time Warner, then-owner of Interscope, to push Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z. back until 1993 because GWB Sr. was running for president in 1992. The government has a longstanding war with the Shakur family. Pac knew what time it was which explained his demeanor towards them.

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
nikka it's an expression. It's the equivalent to sayin "you a piece of work". Doing a public tirade against rappers and their music without even trying to have a sit down discussion with them is fukked up. It wasn't like she just had an opinion and that was it. They were launching campaigns against rappers and targeting and saying specific ones by name .
Thank you...this is exactly what i was trying say and couldnt think of it at the time

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
So it's ok for you to disrespect a woman (and possibly a little girl) who said nothing about you but you have a problem with Pac disrespecting someone who was being antagonistic, sexist, greedy, self righteous etc
Well mexiPac
Dude said fukk me and a dead black lady

So...
fukk him
You
His moms
His children
His cousin Ralph
His pastor
And his cat:pachaha:

But keep ya head up

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who is "us"
U not black
U not a rapper
Wtf u talking bout

She went at rap music as a whole
If he is the biggest rapper at the time of course he would be the main target
C. Delores Tucker was just as misguided as the average (Anti Hip-Hop) coli poster is.
She ascribed violence, suicide, spousal abuse etc. to fukking rap music instead of more
relevant factors that'd drive such behavior like being exposed to violence at a young age,
long term deep depression, and so on.

You can't attack a problem when you treat a genre of music as entirely more influential than it is in reality.

That wasn't activism, it was using a platform to verbally and financially attack someone, there's a difference
between disagreeing on something philosophically and then attempting to destroy someone by restricting
their free speech, the money they can make from it and launching an assault on their character as a human being.

Last edited:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. In 1992, Bush Sr., Bob Dole and C. Delores Tucker each called out Tupac by name. This is before Thug Life and before he got into with off-duty cops. Tucker even bought majority stock in Time Warner, then-owner of Interscope, to push Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z. back until 1993 because GWB Sr. was running for president in 1992. The government has a longstanding war with the Shakur family. Pac knew what time it was which explained his demeanor towards them.

u left out some info tho

There was a legitimate gripe. Dude shot that cop and blamed it on listening to Pacs song Soulja Story.

That song isn't political so it was fair game.

Add that along with the Cop Killer fiasco in 92 and Pac became a political target for rappers who promoted violence against police. It wasnt like they just picked his name out of a hat.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
C. Delores Tucker was just as misguided as the average (Anti Hip-Hop) coli poster is.
She ascribed violence, suicide, spousal abuse etc. to fukking rap music instead of more
relevant factors that'd drive such behavior like being exposed to violence at a young age,

You can't attack a problem when you treat a genre of music as entirely more influential than it is in reality.

That wasn't activism, it was using a platform to verbally and financially attack someone, there's a difference
between disagreeing on something philosophically and then attempting to destroy someone by restricting
their free speech, the money they can make from it and their character as a human being.
I legit stated her misguided view in the op:manny:

panopticon

Superstar
Daps

their free speech, the money they can make from it and their character as a human being.

I hate that she went about it the way that she did, but I do empathize. We're only just now beginning to understand the massive generational disconnect between pre and post civil rights blacks. C. Dolores Tucker grew up actively, visibly, forcibly oppressed - segregated schools, Klan rallies, lynchings, etc. But she also (I assume) grew up in a large, intact Black family, and felt a genuine kinship with other black folks regardless of class because of the shared experience of discrimination and oppression. For people in her generation, denigrating any black person made you a traitor - after all, we were all we had when it came to duking it out for our right to exist in this country. So when she comes across Tupac's music, with the backdrop of sky-high murder & addiction rates in the 80s and 90s, she went totally ballistic. She doesn't have the visceral experience of the civil rights "hangover" that Tupac's generation did - the nihilism, hopelessness, betrayal (by leaders and fellow average folk alike), etc. She just couldn't wrap her head around why a black man could have such negative things to say about his fellow black people - even though it was closer to reality than her (most likely) rosy-eyed view of black folks ever-improving, ever-advancing, and eventually triumphing.

An earlier poster wrote that he wished she just sat down with Pac and chopped it up with him, and I 100% agree. She shouldn't be let off the hook for what she did, but when you put it in context, it at least makes some sort of sense. She wasn't totally nuts - just uncharacteristically ignorant.

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
He definitely could have went at in a different way and I'm not make excuses for him, but people sometimes forget he was a kid.

Jay dissed Harry Belefonte and Hov's a middle aged man. He just didn't have Pac's style of venom.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
overstate a word?
It is self explanatory:stopitslime:

Yes, overstated.

"He called her a "motherfukker, a MOTHER fukkER y'all!"

giphy.gif

And you're right, it is self explanatory when you listen to the line in the song in proper context. Sue me for 10 million for speaking my mind I would have called her worse than that.

Last edited:

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tbh, i got an angle on this but im having trouble articulating right now

but basically, i took the line like he was hurt by her...even the cadence of the "motherfukker" was like "damn how you coming at me like that?"

i mean shyt, the next line was

"instead of trying to help a nikka, you destroy a brother?"
. coulda really went in on her if he wanted. And he made her famous