Looking back at Nas in the Summer of 2002

fallback

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First off Nas is the GOAT to me and I know this has been discussed endless times but I went down the rabbit hole on Youtube of those videos of him flipping out on Hot 97, Cam, Jay etc. and this was probably his biggest mistake for a lot of reasons:

1- He had a right to feel a way about HOT 97 being impartial to Jay, but cutting his NYC radio play in half was never going to cut it only to apologize come album time that winter.
2- Going at Cam and Nore for no reason was a HORRIBLE move! Cam was up and coming and Nas had little ammo on him whereas Cam had all the ammo in the world on Nas just coming off his battle with Jay. This would be like Kendrick going at someone up and coming right now (not going to compare anyone in 24 to Cam) and they can use a lot of what Drake used in better fashion. Going at Nore too after all those years was obviously not a good look as well especially both being from Queens and having classics together.
3- The Murda Inc signing was a bad move. I know he was trying to recreate Pac to Death Row but it only led to 1 song and luckily he did get out but it made him look like an employee at that time when Jay had Rocafella, Em Shady, 50 g-unit etc.
4- He also lost an opportunity during that time to stay cool with 50 which would've helped his career a lot going forward.
5- I also think it led to a drop in his albums. Lost Tapes and Gods son were good, but it took a few years after that to drop a quality album,.

I know he was going through a lot at that time too but I'm sure he regrets doing that.

fallback

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol..

Nas only fuhked with Irv to get under Jay skin.. nygga wasnt signing to Irv.

All that other stuff is a crock of shyt.. staying cool with 50 would have helped his career? Are you insane?

Let me rephrase...from 02 to 05 it would've. We missed out on some future Nas/50 collabs all we got were the few before 02 and then last year on Kings Disease.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Thank Hay-Zeus Nas dissed Nore, because it inspired this classic response 😆

Even Nore didn’t believe what he said about Nas in that interview. Nore knew damn well he wasn’t ever going to “fight” Nas.

The fact is guys like Cam and Nas were just extremely hurt by it when Nas did that. So they felt they had no choice but to respond in the way they did. He was and still is a hero of theirs.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even Nore didn’t believe what he said about Nas in that interview. Nore knew damn well he wasn’t ever going to “fight” Nas.

The fact is guys like Cam and Nas were just extremely hurt by it when Nas did that. So they felt they had no choice but to respond in the way they did. He was and still is a hero of theirs.
.....they did have a fight though, and apparently Nas got the better of him but Nore threw a flower pot on his head iirc :pachaha:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Esco was on Bad Timing in those days man. He was ready to tear anybody head off. I'll never forgive Thot 97 for the nonsense. It was such a great time man. I bet he had more disses in the tuck too.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Esco was on Bad Timing in those days man. He was ready to tear anybody head off. I'll never forgive Thot 97 for the nonsense. It was such a great time man. I bet he had more disses in the tuck too.
He def had more. The whole God's Son was a whole big ass diss record. He scrapped it.