Lookin back , The Movie Belly was overrated!

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
Belly was always mediocre. We were all hype because some of our favorite rappers were in a flick, but i got over that real fast. I wouldn't be able to make it through the whole thing again

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Belly was unique though we never saw that type of quality in terms of cinematography from a black crime film before it's release.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Hype wanted to make 3 alternate endings for theater release he said on the director's commentary.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Now, I'm not gonna front Belly is and will always remain to be a hood classic. I have literally watched that shyt a hundred times. But recently Belly was on and I was sitin there watchin it like :why: :dahell: :snoop:

So many cringe worthy moments, bad acting, horrible writing and a predictable outcome. Now I will give Hype credit for the cinemotography, dude did his thing directing it. Nas is my guy, but his acting? :snoop: DMX was over the top feelin himself.

Belly is a classic hip hop film no doubt. When the film came out back in the day I was like :krs: But now its like :what:

The Soundtrack was dope tho :whew:

I wonder if you woulda made this thread if belly was shot in the bay :mjpls:

h2o_proof

Thread Closed...As Usual
Daps
Reppin
Houston
IMO Malik Sayeed deserves a lot of the credit being given to Hype for the visuals, afterall he was the cinematographer. The lighting and visual effects is all him, that was his MO back in the day if you remember from the music videos he directed. Belly was shot just like the Lauryn Hill X-Factor video and that God awful Jigga What, Jigga Who video.

raoulduke187

All Star
Daps
lookin back, ya moms p*ssy was overrated

Now I'm not gonna front that nasty ass of hers is and always will be a cum bucket. I have literally hit that shyt a hundred times.