Lookin back , The Movie Belly was overrated!

Daps
Reppin
Kongo
I believe belly is his only movie, sadly.

Art Barr

U got a netflix bro?

What other movies is good to smoke too, with ill visuals. Or just joints that uve smoked to and was ill as fukk, that not many people may be on

Also on a personal note. Top 5 best movies you enjoyed while smoking a big ole stunna blunt full of dat good green. (Sour,kush,haze,purple) type shyt. Owww

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
its underrated if anything. its like the most visually striking film of the 90s. the visuals and mood far outweigh any problems the film has. the ending was a bit rushed tho
that shyt was overrated...

of the 90s

boyz n the hood n Menace >>>>>>>>>> Belly

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
its underrated if anything. its like the most visually striking film of the 90s. the visuals and mood far outweigh any problems the film has. the ending was a bit rushed tho
:mjlol:
The Matrix visuals >>>>>

I really enjoyed Belly, Nas horrible acting aside. T-Boz is one ugly ass broad. X's girl was bad as hell but I cant front I was rootin for Meth to kill her
:damn: I always liked Tboz the most in TLC... :noah:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
So was paid in full. The real story deserved better writers and production. Negro went from broke to kingpin in 15 minutes. At first glance the movie was dope but watching it again, the only thing that made the movie decent was the caliber of actors.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
I think Nas' acting is was appropriate and did a good job as narrator. I like that he was kinda understated and let the cinematography and actors take over.

DMX acting was amazing especially considering at time of making the film he was UNKNOWN rapper. With no prior Acting experience or Training. Tupac atleast attended the Baltimore School of Arts.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
I wish there was a legit sequel. Possibly taking place in the UK. And Sincere fleeing Africa because of war and continuing the criminal enterprise with DMX/Tommy Buns internationally.

scuba

All Star
Daps
Belly was not overrated... it was rated Trash when it came out. Belly is generally viewed as a terrible movie with some nice cinematography, and basically locked hype william into the 'he only good for short videos and commercials' for years... basically derailed his whole career as far as a serious film guy. derailed nas career as a writer (he was supposed to write the script)... it downgraded a few people career DMX girl was legit considered an up and coming minor star before that flick....

I like belly, but you can literally turn it off like 15 minutes before it end... hype williams literally ran out of cash and direction and couldnt end it, thats why it basically cuts off into narration nonsense.... and i like belly but its well known to be craptastic...

I like it personally...it just has a place in my heart because of the time and characters and visuals... but its far from overrated. unless your saying its soo bad it shouldnt even get the shine it does...