Lookin back , The Movie Belly was overrated!

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
its underrated if anything. its like the most visually striking film of the 90s. the visuals and mood far outweigh any problems the film has. the ending was a bit rushed tho

stop. this is the same decade containing the matrix and myriad other films that look better than belly.

the shyt is worth watching but it's not a 'good' movie. it's a cult classic at best.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Belly's a hood classic:stopitslime:

And Nas finally got to Africa:umad:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Man Belly WAS my shyt.. Now its like :manny:

also...to keep belly fresh..
i usually stop watching as soon as dmx/tommy gets confronted at the bball park by the fed.

it ain't worth watching the end, or it all the way through all the time after that.

just like juice,..you can watch it till the first robbery.
then i turn it off after they in the store and duck the cops and run away in the night to the abandoned building.
still to this day,....
I enjoy the early social parts of juice....
it reminds me of how it used to be........
then, bishop ol'sucka nikka crank ass infuriates the holy hell outta you, as the movie goes.
so, to keep it fresh,..i usually turn it off, before the drama.

art barr

The scene wit nas and shorty is a classic, one love shyt

:Russ:

Lol,...
Yo,...
That is easily one of the funniest parts and the one if iam watching...
Imma crack up than a moTHERfukkER!!!

SHAWTY: nah

when that little nikka, say that......
with that raspy blunt lunged't ass voice...I die laughing...

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
stop. this is the same decade containing the matrix and myriad other films that look better than belly.

the shyt is worth watching but it's not a 'good' movie. it's a cult classic at best.

actually belly is probably one of the most striking films visually from that era.
this was back when actual real top of the line classically trained and studied film makers made vids.
where hype, spike and romanek were the respective best visually, on some next level shyt.

only fincher, and a few others.
during that time could be believed to make some wild shyt by the x's and o's.
to rival the look of those three in vids, and picture quality uniqueness in film.
hype still needs to do more movies.
except he likes to own all his shyt's.

art barr

Daps
Reppin
Kongo
you just wasn't in the mood to have fun with the movie like you supposed to.
you had a let down watching it.

i am only speculating, but if you ain't smoke before watching it.
or you did not psyche yourself up for the lol moments..
then, you just set yourself up to not enjoy it.

my mom's was wondering why am i am in hysterics lol at this shyt....

she didn't get,.......

when sin, ol simp scared shook ass is on bullshyt with dmx about reading..
NAS: yo son,....when the last time you read a book..
when dmx told that nikka, nas:

NEVER,...MOTHERfukkER!!!

i said that shyt in unison with that nikka, loud as fukk, and lol than a motherfukker.

that shyt cheered me the fukk up.

not to mention my moms saw the high grade cinema but b movie hood brillance.
when, method shows up to confront caine, with the perm.....

she literally died laughing at that nikka,...and i set her up to laugh at the shyt, like she was the homie...

like yo;.....ma,....
hold on till you see this nikka,...
she was like, who....
caine from menace...

then i was like...oh yeah,..you don't know shyt about none of these black hood movies..
my mom's hates rap and all that nineties hood shyt,...but, in 03 she became a closet stan to you know who.
after fiddy she gives that shyt a chance.

so it was hilarious to watch mom's laugh at belly......
my mom's ain't never partook in watching or listening to some shyt i cared about...
so, i grew to like belly even more after the other night...
i had fun than a motherfukker......

i wasn't even high cause i was on detox for this drug test i had to take.

they got that new shyt, now....
you can't pass a drug test unless you buy pee...
detox's and teas are fukkin dead......

i took both and have never failed a drug test.

that new shyt,......is outta order.

this world is just trying to keep me a former on the run, nikka.

i would love to be a corporate poster boy again.....
like when belly was out.

art barr

This is the best u ever made lol

Daps
Reppin
Kongo
actually belly is probably one of the most striking films visually from that era.
this was back when actual real top of the line classically trained and studied film makers made vids.
where hype, spike and romanek were the respective best visually, on some next level shyt.

only fincher, and a few others.
during that time could be believed to make some wild shyt by the x's and o's.
to rival the look of those three in vids, and picture quality uniqueness in film.
hype still needs to do more movies.
except he likes to own all his shyt's.

art barr

What other movies did hype make with dope visuals

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Now, I'm not gonna front Belly is and will always remain to be a hood classic. I have literally watched that shyt a hundred times. But recently Belly was on and I was sitin there watchin it like :why: :dahell: :snoop:

So many cringe worthy moments, bad acting, horrible writing and a predictable outcome. Now I will give Hype credit for the cinemotography, dude did his thing directing it. Nas is my guy, but his acting? :snoop: DMX was over the top feelin himself.

Belly is a classic hip hop film no doubt. When the film came out back in the day I was like :krs: But now its like :what:

The Soundtrack was dope tho :whew:
the bad acting is what solidified it as a classic to me. there are a few films like that, unintentional comedy, hip hop, bad acting, dope music, generic plot...it just worked.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
lol I caught about 20 min or so, last weekend coming home at like 2:00 AM on cimemax or something......The cinematography is so incredible, esp. as I've grown older and more aware of my own tastes in direction and visuals...and it's def. a classic hip hop movie, and iconic for it's era, time, and what it represented in the culture....I mean, dudes like X, and Nas were STARS back then, it's just a different era.....however, at some (many) moments the hackneyed script and horrible lines play like a bad comedy, and the often awful acting prevents if from taken as serious as it could have been....The script ranges from too cliche, to very derivative, to all over the place.....I love it, but it's a bad movie.....Did Hype write that himself? LOL the writing was so much worse then I remember....

I will say X, carried himself (and always as) much better acting wise then Nas, esp. when he wasn't required to say too much....

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ox was spinning on the ground licking off shots like G.I. Joe :rudy:

That killer chick jumped off the balcony, landed without making a noise and killed Ox :rudy:

"When it rains, nigguhs get wet" :snoop:

We gonna ignore the camera shaking during that basketball scene with Buns and the cop? :russ:

And yes, Nas' acting was terrible.

Movie is a good classic though.