Look I'm a straight drank-a-holic and I'm sipping my last drink as we speak.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
So I'm a pretty big beerhead and lately I been getting a gut :flabbynsick: been drinking mineral/carbonated water for a few days now and I think it's my new substitute :leon: sure you don't get drunk but something about opening the bottle is enough for me. Plus, no alcohol, no calories, no sugar :blessed:

lespaulultra3

All Star
Daps
I’m curious, for brehs that are a month + sober, what were your withdrawal symptoms, if you had any, and how long did they last? I messed up this past weekend but on day 3 now...

:lolbron::lolbron:

I'm lucky that my withdrawal symptoms weren't too bad. For me, I had bad cravings the first few days. I had to switch up my routine because if I sat around thinking about alcohol, I'd have a drink. I drunk so much before that I found it hard to interact with the wife and kids because I was always using alcohol to numb how I feel. I would get angry as hell the first week and had to stop myself from snapping over small stuff.

Alcohol had fukked up because I was always bloated, always tired, and always sweating. All that started to go away after a week and now I don't even think about alcohol. I only sleep at night and don't have to take naps anymore. Everybody is different though because some people experience DTs if they stop on their own and could potentially die. I'm lucky I didn't have to deal with that. I'm at 1 month and 13 days sober right now.

Daps
New Year’s was my last drink. The next day my anxiety was thru the roof and I had the shakes like a fool. Couldn’t sleep either and kept going from hot to cold. I had been drinking heavy for about a week straight before stopping cold turkey. Them first few days quitting are wild.

Ima go thru January sober then see how I feel. Just taking it a day at a time.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
One thing me and other recovering alcoholics have found is that you can’t hang out with your drinking friends anymore. The temptation is to great. You gotta do a massive change in your life. I’m 2 years sober in March and I still don’t know how to hang out with people. I keep hoping I can figure it out, but I’d rather be sober with few friends, than drunk all day with a lot of friends:manny:

The Special Man

Let’em have it
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA 9th Ward
all of yall who got big dreams, nows the time to pursue them to the fullest.......the universe responds very quickly to those with a clean body and clear mind. Occupy your time with whatever u are most passionate about and anticipate success

Fam they're over 7 billion people this planet, we all ain't going to make it no matter how big we dreamjmn. :mjcry:

buzzkill

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Midwest/GA
Spent 8 days on a work trip to vegas just got back home last night

whole time high off edibles no alcohol even when i hit the strip club with the CEO of the company

I would have called you crazy last year if you asked me to not drink in Vegas

hit 3 months sober while in Vegas

yall nikkas can do it yall just gotta get over the first month hump after that its auto pilot trust me

best decision in my 26 years of living:lawd:

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
18 days strong brehs, I was in an environment just earlier with drinking involved, I nearly broke but kept my composure :whew:

I’ve been not eating meat since Jan 4th too and for some reason now meat just looks disgusting to me :mjtf:

Was planning to do it for a month so I’m not sure about my new feelings about meat :patrice: