Lonzo Ball will undergo a third surgery on his left knee that is expected to cost him most, if not all, of the 2023-24 season

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Lamelo will suffer the same fate, it’s been his 3rd year and he ended his season due to injuries. I hope I’m wrong cause I like him as a player and his ceiling is way higher.
not even close to the same thing

lamelo came down on a fan's ankle and the next time PJ's goofy ass fell on it. that's huge difference from degenerative conditions and failed surgical reconstruction attemps...

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I mean is there any science that has proven this type of logic?
It's just a guess
Brandon Roy only lasted a few years in the NBA too. Some guys just get unlucky
There are multiple articles about young kids having more serious injuries due to specializing in one sport too early, resulting in overuse.

I’d agree that some guys just have bad luck, but there’s definitely a correlation to kids playing 3-4 games every other weekend from 8 years old on up. Add on the travel and lack of proper rest and you can see how injuries are up on a lot of young NBA guys

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
I mean is there any science that has proven this type of logic?
It's just a guess
Brandon Roy only lasted a few years in the NBA too. Some guys just get unlucky
you'll be hard-pressed to find a scientific study that proves it, but i think it's common sense...wear& tear and overuse are real things. just playing thru minor injuries as a kid and young adult can hurt you in the long run. Then there's genetics: some ppl naturally recover faster and better than others, some folks can have the best docs/therapy in the world and never fully heal. i think it's a combo for Lonzo

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
There are multiple articles about young kids having more serious injuries due to specializing in one sport too early, resulting in overuse.

I’d agree that some guys just have bad luck, but there’s definitely a correlation to kids playing 3-4 games every other weekend from 8 years old on up. Add on the travel and lack of proper rest and you can see how injuries are up on a lot of young NBA guys
The aau system always seemed straight up psychopathic to me at times, kids traveling cross country playing multiple games in the middle of the morning when they scientifically need to be asleep for their bodies to grow properly. And honestly for the higher ranked players I really don’t even see what the point of playing on most of those circuits that often, once those scholarships start rolling in you might as well coast in the summer just doing individual showcases and camps.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
It's unfortunate, the hype was unbelievable and very fun to be a part of. I hope he can still play but its seeming very unlikely. I am glad he got his big contract.

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
By no means I'm painting Lavar as being a bad dad.

He maxed out Lonzo (And seems like) LaMelo's potential putting them in so many basketball camps was too much of a work load on their young frames.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, I think he's done. If he's bone on bone now. Getting cartilage replacement surgery will solve the pain, but that knee will swell up from a routine cardio work out.

Can't play full on basketball with degentive knee condition for very long.
Wade had a procedure at Marquette and his entire NBA career he was bone on bone. CP3 crushed his knee into a camera courtside in NO and had the meniscus shaved or removed completely. He's still playing but he misses games each year because of it and other injuries on the same leg.

It all depends how far people can go with it. When he's older he's toast just like them, he's not gonna get the chance to get older it looks. Lonzo's must be worse than theirs and I don't think it's a shoe related, they gave up the scam like 3 games into his rookie year and wore Nike/Adidas since