Long Term Unemployment

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this thread just wreaks of
j5TlA.gif

Take me through the thought process that led to you making this post. Think long and hard about it.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Well, if you're good with comptuers you could try getting your A+ certification and applying for helpdesk/tech support jobs. I'm sure you could at least get a job at Comcast/AT&T/etc. in the tech support dept. They're not much fun but usually start at at least 12/hr.

bwahhahahaaa

comcast/at&t ain't hiring,....

i know that shyt,.....

i don't know who they hire but it sure isn't me and i am qualified than a motherfukker to work there, again.

art barr

YBE

Banned
Daps
and wtf am I supposed to say?

i tried this once after i went in the store they told me to fill out their online app. I filled it out then called them immediately like "i recently filled out your online app whats the next step in the hiring process?"

i could tell the lady had the :beli: face on over the phone, she said "hold on" and i was redirected to a some H/R office. nikka picked up the phone and I told him the same exact thing I did her he had the :mjpls: then redirected me again thats where my call ended up to an answering machine :why::dead:

i did this before :snoop:

it went exactly the same.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
if you are black and straight and not some gay ass dl funboi.

you ain't getting a job,....

the slang and improper english is so,..you know how serious i am.

you gotta be gay and a black male to get a job now.

they phased out affirmative action to insitute the plan in motion.

plus, the man knows all about the streets, now.

from applied knowledge, so you can forget hustling in general, too.

best bet i have is go to mri school.

yet, i can't get it paid for in full to save my life.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
i did this before :snoop:

it went exactly the same.

in the early 2000's.

i used to infiltrate audix systems to get past gatekeepers to talk to hiring mangers to get salaried positions.

or if i was in sales i would bypass gatekeepers to check writers.

i used it to get a 35k + commission job with rcn, too.

if you try it now,..it won't work just like the quote is telling you.

it never used to be like this till bush got in office.

after his last run,...old money took over kicking all the new money guys asses.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
usually if ur waiting for a phone call then that means u didn't get the job tho..

Let an attractive female have an interview at the same gig and she'll probably get hired on the spot, none of that callback bs :wtf:

Being black lowers ur chances also, but if ur black the lighter u are and the whiter ur features are, the better. Go in there looking like Christopher Wallace with a suit and tie on and u don't stand a chance.

thus is life tho :aicmon:

that light skinned't shyt doesn't work, breh.

if you are black,..in general you can forget it.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:dwillhuh: this goes to show u that u ain't really serious about getting a gig. U need to treat looking for a job like having a job. get up early every morning with a plan and keep a routine til u find one.

beanie that shyt doesn't work anymore.

plus he will go broke trying to do that shyt now.

nothing will help you get a job.

getting a job is the lottery now.

the us is a third world country we just have link and plumbing.

so we just don't look like it.......

i really look at the rich inherited types,..as none of them are self made,..lke you really just got money and not really doing shyt with it.

companies really are not making a profit.

they just slashed the payroll and take that as a profit and it isn't a real profit at all.

if you pay attention,..what leading products or companies really are great like back in the day.

none of them,..they are all cop and blow. start up, then sell assets and name lists.

everything is a joke because old money guys feared and squelched out new mkney guys purposefully when bush was in office. to make it like it is, now.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Only been unemployed 3.5 months but shyt is terrible after that first month. Its nice sleeping in but the panic of not having a job outweighs the fun of sitting around all day. I watch a lot of movies, catch up on tv shows, go to the gym. Im waiting on an electrician apprenticeship but shyt is taking months to get going. I got basically 3 months pay severance when i was laid off but im gonna have to start depending on UE benefits soon :sadcam:

Its real easy to get in a rut where you arent looking tho so like the other suggested make sure you apply to at least 5-10 jobs a week. Something will eventually come through.

imma tell you right now,...nuffin will come through.

it isn't negative,..it is the stone cold truth and that is the bottom line cause some whitefolks said so.

art barr