The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
So..... vote ourselves out of oppression? :ohhh:

you've got the plan to get us out of oppression, obviously

So definitely work on that 20 hrs a day til you perfect it and come save us all

But on election day, take 30 min to vote. Then get right back in there and finish you other plan besides voting

Share some of it for us. Just the first couple steps...

Or are you advocating sitting around, not doing shyt except being contrary toward people who are doing things?

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Huh? :why: Y'all do the exact same thing HERE!! :dahell::bunbcmon:
People rarely recognize their own bullshyt. I agree some do it here too though. I always ask them types what they are doing IRL and 90% of them unscientifically of course say some base level bullshyt like teaching the youth after school FOH.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
So how does not voting help with any of that?

Voting or Not Voting equals the same result for Black people. The government would do what they want to do regardless, it's pre-destined actions. Voting would not make our oppressors support our interests or make them accept us

The only thing that makes change is economics. Gaining skills, education, and financial literacy to acquire more wealth and resources. When a group gains more economic influence, they can govern themselves. Also political parties and billionaire companies won't be able to push us around like they are doing now

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
So...you gon' name some names? I'll go first; Lebron James.

Not a peep pre-2016 on anything that wasn't a headline issue that most people were already on (ie Trayvon being killed by Zimmerman).

Most of the "woke" stuff he says is about Trump. I'll give him the "I Can't Breath" shirts. That was bold.
The same Lebron James who just created a school out of his own money?

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
People rarely recognize their own bullshyt. I agree some do it here too though. I always ask them types what they are doing IRL and 90% of them unscientifically of course say some base level bullshyt like teaching the youth after school FOH.
They think sitting on here calling people c00ns from the high horse all day is doing their part.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
They think sitting on here calling people c00ns from the high horse all day is doing their part.
They really do and other similar things and its sad. One thread dude said I was selfish and that's why the black community is failing because I said I'd help my family and friends I actually knew over a random black person I didn't. Some of these dudes out of touch.

I think the thing is most of these dudes are from decent families and trying to over compensate by being shore blacks online. Offline people probably look at some of them as some type of lame black so online they become super black and its painfully obvious. It is also cool dudes on here too but you'll always get this when you get many different folks together from different places.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
The only thing that makes change is economics. Gaining skills, education, and financial literacy to acquire more wealth and resources. When a group gains more economic influence, they can govern themselves. Also political parties and billionaire companies won't be able to push us around like they are doing now
Again, I asked you how does telling blacks not to vote or that voting is inconsequential help to accomplish any of that?

For example, you mentioned education as being one of the things that makes change and I agree. So if we’re serious about education then how can we ignore the differences in how the 2 parties handle public education which our(black) children are still heavily dependent on? Trump has cut billions from public education and there’s been some school related programs eliminated. Why don’t you think that will have an effect on public education?