Loaded Lux x Funk Flex Freestyle

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Bash him, he went for the mattress, Taxes!
Try'na go for Helen of Troy, Achilles/I'll kill these nikkas
I’m Brad Pitt

giphy.gif

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Can someone explain to me why dudes like this can't get any commercial/label success?
There is a market for multi layered deep bars as evidenced by the success of cannibas, lupe, jay electronica etc
I get the "they can't make songs" argument but then couldn't they just work with a producer like mike will or pharrell who basically walk into the studio with the song and hook already built out?

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
Can someone explain to me why dudes like this can't get any commercial/label success?
There is a market for multi layered deep bars as evidenced by the success of cannibas, lupe, jay electronica etc
I get the "they can't make songs" argument but then couldn't they just work with a producer like mike will or pharrell who basically walk into the studio with the song and hook already built out?

I honestly think that rappers like this put more words into a bar or verse than radio friendly. Like even if the hook is on point, the verses end up being so dense that the casual listener can't keep up and can't remember all the words. I'm probably wrong but that's just my guess. Look at every "lyrical" rappers biggest hit and look at how dumbed down the verses usually are. Usually they use a lot less words than in their normal tracks, and the hook is very very catchy. Also I feel like rappers like this just don't sound "right" over a club banger type beat. Like the best and rhymes cause a cognitive dissonance in the listener

Once again, I'm probably wrong but that's my theory :yeshrug: