LMAO @ this site doing what Argot Vie spent years TRYING to do...IN 24 HOURS

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
So what would you recommend making a Ladies Room for our female posters and females who are lurkering? :mjpls:
Yep. That's all you need. Look at how LipStickAlley was formed. It started as a fan site for some football player. They had a ladies room subforum on his site that got out of hand with the drama so he made the webmaster disassociate that forum from his site. Now if only he kept that forum on his website and threw up some google ads. His site wouldn't be so empty now after he retired from the NFL.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yep. That's all you need. Look at how LipStickAlley was formed. It started as a fan site for some football player. They had a ladies room subforum on his site that got out of hand with the drama so he made the webmaster disassociate that forum from his site. Now if only he kept that forum on his website and threw up some google ads. His site wouldn't be so empty now after he retired from the NFL.

:ohhh:

Coach Gully

Much Respect
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey Management
I've been saying this from the very beginning, but some people aren't feeling it and because of that it throws everything off for the people who do want it :yeshrug:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
My site would be dead if not for the few chicks I do have posting, so I go out of my way to support them in return. They were not my target audience, but since they keep coming back, I try to accommodate them. You don't have to go out of your way to accommodate chicks like I have to, but you should at least give them a lil spot like a ladies room. You won't regret it.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
It's been proven to be terrible, that's why. :heh:
Nah bruh. Like I said earlier, LSA came from a football site, but before that, the name 'LipStickAlley' is the name that webmaster made up on Rapmusic.com when he used to run their chat rooms. Fast forward several years later, LSA has way more traffic than rapmusic.com. Check Alexa.com

concise

Veteran
Daps
Nah bruh. Like I said earlier, LSA came from a football site, but before that, the name 'LipStickAlley' is the name that webmaster made up, that he got from Rapmusic.com when he used to run their chat rooms. Fast forward several years later, LSA has way more traffic than rapmusic.com. Check Alexa.com

I know LSA was an offshoot of some Eddie George forum.
Excessive subforums are stupid because it separates posters too much.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I know LSA was an offshoot of some Eddie George forum.
Excessive subforums are stupid because it separates posters too much.
Use Global Threads then. Global Threads - vBulletin.org Forum

I have this modification on my site. Basically, you can show threads from other sections in a 'global forum' so that members don't have to go into each individual subforum to see what's up. For noobs, this is ideal because noobs usually get lost around a big forum. If they only go to the global forum then everything they need is right there. For members who only want to post in on subforum, they can just go to that one subforum as normal. The added bonus is that more people will reply to their threads since it shows up in a global forum.

The great thing about this is that you can set more than one 'master subforum' as well. You can see an example of this on my site where 'The Global Forum' is just a hub for the other subforums.