LMAO Nas always chitting on DJ Premier

Wepa Man

Ramblings Of An Angry Old Man
Supporter
Daps
DX: Can you speak on the Nas album that you’re supposed to be producing? How’d that come about? Have you guys started working on it yet?

DJ Premier: I told Nas that I wanna be on Life Is Good, and I’ve been deejaying for him lately on his Illmatic Tour. I was like, "Yo. I wanna get on Life Is Good. I got some joints," and I gave ‘em to him when we were doing the Regeneration thing with the Berklee Orchestra. He came to the studio and we were trading beats. He took some but he was like, "Yo, this album is almost like a Here, My Dear album," like Marvin Gaye did for his ex-wife. So I was like, "You know what? If it doesn’t fit that, then it doesn’t fit it. I’ll wait until we do our album," and he said, "Wait, let me get through this and put this one out, we’ll start very soon this year." So… He’s said that before but I think this time it’s going down because there’s been more involvement with management and planning it out on how to do it. I’m take his word for it that it’s gonna start this year.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Nas said in the Giles Peterson BBC interview he's looking to do it after he's done with the Life is Good promo/tour stuff, and was hoping Preemo listens to this album to get an idea what he's looking for.

We'll see what happens. I'm not expecting anything to materialize but if it does, cool.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DX: Can you speak on the Nas album that you’re supposed to be producing? How’d that come about? Have you guys started working on it yet?

DJ Premier: I told Nas that I wanna be on Life Is Good, and I’ve been deejaying for him lately on his Illmatic Tour. I was like, "Yo. I wanna get on Life Is Good. I got some joints," and I gave ‘em to him when we were doing the Regeneration thing with the Berklee Orchestra. He came to the studio and we were trading beats. He took some but he was like, "Yo, this album is almost like a Here, My Dear album," like Marvin Gaye did for his ex-wife. So I was like, "You know what? If it doesn’t fit that, then it doesn’t fit it. I’ll wait until we do our album," and he said, "Wait, let me get through this and put this one out, we’ll start very soon this year." So… He’s said that before but I think this time it’s going down because there’s been more involvement with management and planning it out on how to do it. I’m take his word for it that it’s gonna start this year.

:birdman:

:shaq2:

MMM

Daps
Reppin
UK
Nas said in the Giles Peterson BBC interview he's looking to do it after he's done with the Life is Good promo/tour stuff, and was hoping Preemo listens to this album to get an idea what he's looking for.

We'll see what happens. I'm not expecting anything to materialize but if it does, cool.

the way he said it sounded like a bit of a shot to me like basically saying update your sound

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
the way he said it sounded like a bit of a shot to me like basically saying update your sound

yeah, but Nas is not the most qualify to juge primo's beats when we look at HIS beat selection. I can't take seriously that type of subliminal from someone who passed on the "we gonna make it" beat and rather work with swiss beats than alc

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Primo has sucked for the last 12 years. Salami Remi is worse though. fukk Nas.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
yeah, but Nas is not the most qualify to juge primo's beats when we look at HIS beat selection. I can't take seriously that type of subliminal from someone who passed on the "we gonna make it" beat and rather work with swiss beats than alc

Guess we'll have to see after Life is Good leaks to see what his beat selection is still like...:ehh:

The_Third_Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas's albums are theme-oriented. He doesn't just put songs together. He goes into a certain zone whenever he works on an album. He bought "you da man" beat in 1998 and didn't use it until 2001 when he thought the time was right.

Whose checkin for a dj premier beat in 2012?

Nas "fans".