LL Cool J ''THE FORCE'' Discussion Thread

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
As someone said, LLs career is unrivalled. Easily the longest successful career in Hip Hop.

LL could rap on any production style and make it work because he was born to do this. That being said Tip gave him the ideal production. I get the vibe of an early 80s NY block party with all the funky bass and electro vibes. Q-Tips take on it is timeless because hes another guy that survived multiple eras and he has more techniques than most producers. LL made some great songs - Black Code Suite, 30 Decembers, Runnit Back. Also why don't people like Basquiat Energy?

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not feeling this at all :snoop:

Tip is my guy but these beats aren't what I was expecting. I think it's more LL's ear because the feel is kinda retro but modern. There might be 3-4 beats I was into but this just isn't for me.

LL still sounds good though.

Nas' verse was great but again the beat was not moving me.

Album just isn't my vibe.

Last edited:

H.S.

All Star
Daps
I don’t know if y’all remember some years back when Killah Priest did a mixtape with all breakbeats in like a 70s block party style. It was dope but I always wanted someone to do a more fleshed out version and that’s what this album is for me. Especially that song with Nas.

Last edited:

shazam

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t know if y’all remember some years back when Killah Priest did a mixtape with all breakbeats in like a 70s block party style. It was dope but I always wanted to do a more fleshed out version and that’s what this album is for me. Especially that song with Nas.
Yeah the one 4th disciple produced it was pretty good

also this album is incredible

Budda

Superstar
Daps
This is the Album Of The Year bar none.

Difference between this and The Auditorium is that Common sounds like a goat whilst LL sounds like THE Goat. Lyrically Uncle L sounds timeless. Immortal. Peerless.

Can someone post a verse or lines that wow them? 80’s rappers will get away with not using hardly any litwrwrary devices, metaphors, double entredre, and etc and stilll be talked of as a GOAT.

LL is a GOAT and the man who literally coined the phrase but that’s based on his work in the 80’s and 90’s, In 2024 his style of lyricism is not advanced or any better than a host of rappers, when it comes to bars Rakim and G rap were the only shapeshifters of that time who could still hang, LL cool j was transcendent musically and songwriting wise and for his ear for what was current but not for his bars past 92.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Can someone post a verse or lines that wow them? 80’s rappers will get away with not using hardly any litwrwrary devices, metaphors, double entredre, and etc and stilll be talked of as a GOAT.

LL is a GOAT and the man who literally coined the phrase but that’s based on his work in the 80’s and 90’s, In 2024 his style of lyricism is not advanced or any better than a host of rappers, when it comes to bars Rakim and G rap were the only shapeshifters of that time who could still hang, LL cool j was transcendent musically and songwriting wise and for his ear for what was current but not for his bars past 92.
I'm driving, but they are definitely there. This is probably his most lyrical album. The Eminem song alone, he's doing ALL the stuff you mention.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
:childplease:

Bro just say you didn't really listen to the album. This is why ignored your direct question yesterday.. cause there are so many if you are listening. The Em track alone is crazy but there are so many.. every song

I have I’m going to keep listening though. Maybe I change my mind after a few more listens.