LL Cool J ''THE FORCE'' Discussion Thread

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Not feeling this at all :snoop:

Tip is my guy but these beats aren't what I was expecting. I think it's more LL's ear because the feel is kinda retro but modern. There might be 3-4 beats I was into but this just isn't for me.

LL still sounds good though.

Nas' verse was great but again the beat was not moving me.

Album just isn't my vibe.
It’s basically a Q Tip album with LL lyrics. The sequencing and order feels like it should’ve been a Q Tip album but it’s ok. I can see people not understanding because they’re not used to hearing LL on Q Tip beats. It’s a cool album. I like the vibes. I don’t need a classic from LL at this point… I’m just glad he can still flow and he’s on good beats

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What I like about this album over the Common/Pete Rock one is that this one is unpredictable

For the most part, The Auditorium was exactly what we wanted as listeners. That's great, but it didn't challenge at all or push the boundaries of their art. It's solid and that's great

This album is completely it's own thing. It pulls from different genres and nothing about the production is conventional at all. LL is also rapping at a level some might not have expected

Com was solid on Auditorium but kinda coasted a bit. No real concepts or aggression on there, chill vibes. I like how LL approached this album with a lot of intensity

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
“Smooth as Luther Vandross down at St. Andros
Charter on the yacht while we boppin' to Pop Smoke
Somebody tell immigration them cases is wardrobe
Succulent juices, we sip Pétruses in Bordeaux
Never losin' my memories of Farmers and Old Gold
Before "Check Out the Melody", his neck was a light show, that's light though
Always gotta come with the right flow, we like dough
Learned that from Chuck, Rich and Alpo, I'm down so

Now we out here runnin' with billy goats, it's natural”
The Force sounds like something off The Renassaince :ohlawd:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
What I like about this album over the Common/Pete Rock one is that this one is unpredictable

For the most part, The Auditorium was exactly what we wanted as listeners. That's great, but it didn't challenge at all or push the boundaries of their art. It's solid and that's great

This album is completely it's own thing. It pulls from different genres and nothing about the production is conventional at all. LL is also rapping at a level some might not have expected

Com was solid on Auditorium but kinda coasted a bit. No real concepts or aggression on there, chill vibes. I like how LL approached this album with a lot of intensity

I wouldn’t say Common “coasted” but I think the production didn’t lend itself to aggressive type bars, Com did exactly what the production dictated and he did it well.

Everything you said about LL’s album I agree with.

Now its time for Nas/Premo to show us what they got

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I wouldn’t say Common “coasted” but I think the production didn’t lend itself to aggressive type bars, Com did exactly what the production dictated and he did it well.

Do you know if there's any update on that? They still have time to drop it, but it wouldn't surprise me if it comes out next year.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Maybe coasted isn't the right term. We got a lot of Common music in the last few years and he's been consistent

The jump in quality from LL last album to this one is staggering lol

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
Funny how the Q-Tip produced Danny Brown album stalled his career yet this one somewhat revives LL's. It's a good album. Not great but good. The last song is a terrible finale though.